Invest in Our Future
Investing in our future is key to ensuring the sustainability of our professions. Encouraging young people to think about pursuing engineering or geoscience as a career choice is a key component of Engineers and Geoscientists BC's centennial celebrations. We're proud to be a Presenting Sponsor of Science World's On the Road program for the 2019–2020 school year in the following locations in British Columbia:
- Victoria: September 16–20, 2019
- Williams Lake: September 30–October 4, 2019
- Fort Nelson: February 10–14, 2020
- Kelowna: February 24–28, 2020
- Kootenays: March 30–April 3, 2020
Science World has toured their On The Road program throughout British Columbia since 1988. Each year, Science World On The Road visits more than 30,000 students at schools outside the Lower Mainland, who might not otherwise have a chance to visit Science World at TELUS World of Science. Their high energy gymnasium presentations are curriculum linked and provide an unforgettable science experience for students.
- How2Science: Discover and practise the ways that scientists observe, predict, and test, with demonstrations that will have audience members spinning on platforms, launching rockets, and riding hovercrafts. Recommended for grades K–3.
- Earth, Win & Science: Explore the incredible weather events that occur within our atmosphere, with demonstrations such as the shocking Van de Graaff Generator, the mind-boggling Cloud In A Bottle, and the spectacular Fire Tornado. Recommended for grades 4–7.
- Fantastic Forces: Experience push, pull, lift, friction, and drag—some of the fantastic forces that affect our lives every day. See amazing demonstrations like the Rubber Chicken Slingshot, the Giant Tablecloth Pull, and perhaps a rocket launch or two. Recommended for grades K–7.
To learn more about Science World On The Road
, visit scienceworld.ca/ontheroad