Building Enclosure Advisory Group
January 27, 2021
Open Until Filled
The Engineers and Geoscientists BC Building Enclosure Advisory Group is an Advisory Group reporting to the Director, Professional Practice, Standards and Development. Its mandate is to monitor developments and advise on matters relating to the building enclosure area of practice.
Advisory Group members report to the Director, Professional Practice, Standards and Development.
Advisory Group members are responsible for:
- Identifying issues within the practice of building enclosure engineering and working towards resolutions;
- Reviewing applicable guidelines and making amendments, updates, and revisions as necessary;
- Working on the development of a Continuing Education Program for the practice of building enclosure engineering; and
- Liaising with the Architectural Institute of British Columbia (AIBC) regarding shared building enclosure practice issues.
- A registered professional engineer in good standing with Engineers and Geoscientists BC;
- Must have significant experience in building enclosure engineering and related energy issues; and
- Preference will be given to registrants involved in academia.
- Appointments are 2 years in length, renewable twice for a maximum of 6 consecutive years, unless otherwise extended by the Director, Professional Practice, Standards and Development.
- Meetings are held approximately every 2 months, or more frequently when working on a project (such as a guideline).
- Meetings are approximately 2 hours in length, from 8:00 AM–10:00 AM.
- The Advisory Group may meet in person, by telephone conference, or through electronic means, where all members may simultaneously hear each other and participate during the meeting.
- Before each meeting, members are required to review agenda items and be prepared for discussion.
- Opportunity to advance the profession by sharing your knowledge and experience;
- Contribute to your continued professional competency; and
- Expand your business network.
Engineers and Geoscientists BC is committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment that values and respects diversity, both within our organization and in our larger community.