City of Richmond Advisory Design Panel – Engineers and Geoscientists BC Representative
September 28, 2020
Gathering Applicants for Next Vacancy
The Advisory Design Panel considers and makes recommendations to staff with regard to the design, landscaping, and site planning of new development within the City, with the exception of single-family, small multi-family, and some industrial development.
For more information, please view the City of Richmond Advisory Design Panel Terms of Reference.
Applications for this position will be reviewed by Engineers and Geoscientists BC and nominations will be forwarded to the Richmond Council for approval.
The ADP representative for Engineers and Geoscientists BC will provide a summary of their activities to the Engineers and Geoscientists BC Professional Practice Committee on a semi-annual basis.
- Professional engineer with a minimum of 10 years of experience practising in a civil or municipal engineering field.
- Appointments are 2 years in length.
- Meetings are held twice each month or at such intervals as is required to prevent undue delay to applicants.
- Panel members who are absent for three meetings without reason satisfactory to the Panel may be removed.
- Before each meeting, panel members are required to review agenda items and be prepared for discussion.
- Opportunity to advance the profession by sharing your knowledge and experience;
- Socialize and make new connections with other volunteer members;
- Learn about new areas of engineering and geoscience;
- Authorized travel expenses will be reimbursed;
- Earn credits for CPD and Engineers and Geoscientists BC service awards; and
- Volunteer appreciation.
Engineers and Geoscientists BC is committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment that values and respects diversity, both within our organization and in our larger community.