District of Squamish Advisory Design Panel – Engineers and Geoscientists BC Representative
|Date Posted:||August 16, 2023|
|Closing Date:||Gathering applicants for next vacancy|
|Terms of Reference|
The District of Squamish Advisory Design Panel (ADP) is an independent body that advises Squamish Staff and Council concerning the design of all residential multi-family, commercial and industrial buildings located in all Development Permit areas of Squamish (except DP Area No. 1 and DP Area No. 11).
The Panel may also make recommendations to Squamish Staff and Council with respect to any policies or guidelines established by the District and any other matter referred to the Advisory Design Panel.
For more information, please visit the District of Squamish’s webpage for the Advisory Design Panel.
Applications for this position will be reviewed by Engineers and Geoscientists BC and nominations will be forwarded to the District of Squamish Council for approval.
The ADP representative for Engineers and Geoscientists BC will provide a summary of their activities to the Engineers and Geoscientists BC Professional Practice Committee on a semiannual basis.
Skills and Qualifications
- Professional Engineer with a minimum 10 years of experience practising in a civil or municipal engineering field
Term of Office
- Appointments are 2 years in length
Average Time Commitment
- Meetings are held on the third Thursday of each month, as required, at 2:00 p.m.
- Meetings may be held electronically or in person in the District of Squamish CouncilChambers, 37955 Second Avenue, Squamish, BC.
- Panel members may not miss more than three consecutive meetings.
- Before each meeting, panel members are required to review agenda items and be prepared for discussion.
- Opportunity to advance the profession by sharing your knowledge and experience;
- Contribute to your continued professional competency; and
- Expand your business network.