Editorial Advisory Committee Member
March 14, 2019
Open Until Filled
The Editorial Advisory Committee advises on the production of Innovation, the organization's registrant journal, and editorial policy matters.
- Recommends editorial policy for consideration by Council;
- Proposes ways and means of improving the magazine within the authorized budget;
- Sources ideas and provide recommendations to the Managing Editor for themes and content;
- Reviews at the written request of the member, submissions to Innovation to make a recommendation to the Managing Editor as to whether the material should be published; and
- Considers nominations and selects the successful candidate for the Editorial Board Award.
This is an Advisory Committee, appointed by Council and reporting to Council.
- Attend committee meetings in-person or by teleconference;
- Participate on at least one subcommittee per year (e.g., Editorial Advisory Committee Member judge); and
- Review the magazine and meeting materials in advance of each meeting so that they may participate in constructive discussion.
- Be a professional registrant or trainee in good standing with Engineers and Geoscientists BC;
- Be currently or recently practicing engineering or geoscience; and
- Have a strong interest in communication, member and public engagement, and the written word.
- Appointments are normally 2 years, renewable twice unless otherwise extended by Council.
Typical number of applicants and timeline for each scholarship:
- Normally the Committee meets 3–4 times per year;
- Each meeting is approximately 2 hours in length; and
- Meetings are held at Engineers and Geoscientists BC’s offices on Regent Street in Burnaby.
The successful volunteer will:
- Participate in and contribute to discussions;
- Be engaged and aware of current issues affecting the engineering or geoscience professions, and/or the association; and
- Engage their networks to enrich their contributions to board meetings.
- Opportunity to advance the profession by sharing your knowledge and experience;
- Learn new skills and expand your business network;
- Earn credits for CPD and Engineers and Geoscientists BC service awards; and
- Volunteer appreciation.
To apply for this position please send your cover letter and resume
in one PDF document to Human Resources at