Geoscience Experience Review Panel Member
March 10, 2016
Open until filled
The Geoscience Experience Review Panel is a sub-committee of the Geoscience and Registration Committees.
Its mandate is to assess the qualifications of potential applicants for the Professional Geoscientist (P.Geo.) designation. Each application is reviewed and assessed by two geoscientists who practice the same discipline. As an assessor you will be looking at the applications and verifying that they have met the experience/competency and education criteria for their area of expertise, then commenting on whether the applicant can be recommended for professional registration.
Panel members report to the Geoscience and Registration Committees.
Duties and Expectations
- Conducted remotely and independently, assessors will be looking at an applicant’s background information, application form, work experience details, and references. These assessments can be done at the time and location of the assessor’s choice within one month of receiving it.
Skills and Qualifications
- Currently an Engineers and Geoscientists BC professional member and has been for at least 5 years;
- Have at least five years of experience in your stated field of practice; and
- Currently working at a senior capacity preferred.
Engineers and Geoscientists BC is currently looking for members in the following practice areas:
- Environmental Geoscience (Hydrology, Hydrogeology, Geotechnical); and
Average Time Commitment
- A typical review will take approximately one to two hours of documentation review. The number of reviews requested of you will depend on the number of applications submitted related to your field of expertise.
- Opportunity to advance the profession by sharing your knowledge and experience;
- Learn new skills and expand your business network;
- Reimbursement of authorized travel expenses;
- Earn credits for CPD and Engineers and Geoscientists BC service awards; and
- Volunteer appreciation.
Engineers and Geoscientists BC is committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment that values and respects diversity, both within our organization and in our larger community.