Temporary Works Advisory Group Member
February 3, 2021
Open until filled
The Engineers and Geoscientists BC Temporary Works Advisory Group is an Advisory Group reporting to the Director, Professional Practice, Standards and Development. Its mandate is to provide advice on issues impacting the practice of professional engineering and the practice of professional geoscience as they apply to temporary works.
The advisory group reports to the Director, Professional Practice, Standards and Development.
Advisory group members are responsible for:
- Considering and making recommendations on issues regarding temporary works.
- Providing support to encourage the organization’s registrants to seek improvement of the practice related to temporary works.
- Advising on requests for information on technical matters.
- Representing the views of the Professions in the drafting of codes or enforcement matters.
- Reviewing any required materials prior to meetings.
- Attending scheduled meetings in person, virtually or via telephone conference
- Voting on motions.
- Registrant in good standing with Engineers and Geoscientists BC.
- Experience with temporary works, including but not limited to structural, geotechnical, mechanical, electrical, fire protecting engineering, or code consulting.
- Appointments are 2 years in length, renewable twice for a maximum of 6 consecutive years, unless otherwise extended by the Director, Professional Practice, Standards and Development.
- Meetings are held approximately once a month (except during the summer) and are held either virtually or at the Engineers and Geoscientists BC Burnaby office (if permitted under health guidelines).
- Meetings are approximately 2 hours in length.
- The advisory group may meet in person or by telephone conference, where all members may simultaneously hear each other and participate during the meeting.
- Before each meeting, members are required to review agenda items and be prepared for discussion.
- Opportunity to advance the profession by sharing your knowledge and experience;
- Expand your business network; and
- Contribute to your continued professional competency.
Engineers and Geoscientists BC is committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment that values and respects diversity, both within our organization and in our larger community.