Engineers and Geoscientists BC Awards Procedures
The Engineers and Geoscientists BC Awards are British Columbia’s top awards for professional engineers and professional geoscientists and have been developed to recognize the exemplary and outstanding professional, technical, and volunteer contributions made by registrants of Engineers and Geoscientists British Columbia.
We invite you to identify worthy candidates for the Engineers and Geoscientists BC Awards. Awards are presented in the following categories:
- The McLachlan Award for Outstanding Achievement in Engineering
- The Westerman Award for Outstanding Achievement in Geoscience
- The Meritorious Achievement Award
- The Lambert Award for Volunteer Service
- The Young Professional Award
- The Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Award
- The Innovation in Sustainability Award (Note: this award follows a different process and timeline)
Submit a Nomination
Since the inception of the organization’s awards program in 1965, over 275 individuals have received these top honours from their peers.
View Past Award Recipients
Prior to making a nomination, please review the Engineers and Geoscientists BC Awards Terms of Reference. Note: the Innovation in Sustainability Award follows a different process and timeline.
|April 7, 2023
||Deadline for submission of award nominations
||Awards selection and winners contacted
||Awards presented to winners
- Nominations must be received by Engineers and Geoscientists British Columbia by 5:00 PM on Friday, April 7, 2023.
- Please review the Engineers and Geoscientists BC Terms of Reference, which include information on the award categories and eligibility.
- It is important to note that the nomination form does not allow you to save your work as you go. It is recommended that you review the information required by selecting an award category from the drop down menu, and completing your work in a word processing program. When you are ready to proceed you can copy and paste your information from your word document into the form.
- You will receive a confirmation email once your online award nomination has been received.
- Letters of support must be addressed to: Standing Awards Advisory Group.
- The online award nomination form allows for the inclusion of attachments in PDF or Word files for letters of support, a resume, and supporting materials.
- Current Engineers and Geoscientists BC staff and Council members are not eligible for an Engineers and Geoscientists BC Award. Current members of staff, Council, and Standing Awards Advisory Group members should not nominate candidates.
- Engineers and Geoscientists BC Awards may be conferred posthumously at the discretion of the Standing Awards Advisory Group; however the nominee must be living at the time of nomination.
- The Standing Awards Advisory Group will review all nominations, and make recommendations to Council regarding the recipients of the awards. The Standing Awards Advisory Group, at its discretion, may carry forward nominations from the previous year. They may also decide not to select a recipient for one or more awards each year.
- All correspondence will be conducted between the Standing Awards Advisory Group and the principal nominator on the online nomination form.
- The Standing Awards Advisory Group would prefer that a nomination not be revealed to a candidate before its consideration by Council.
Submit a Nomination
If you have questions about the Engineers and Geoscientists BC Awards, eligibility of a candidate, or require support in making an award nomination, please contact [email protected].