I understand that:
- Science Games is a 4-week event with live Zoom sessions happening on Saturdays in March, specifically on March 6, 13, 20, and 27, 2021.
- One Participation Form must be submitted for each child participating in the 2021 Science Games.
- Each student will have a guardian/parent available to support during weekly challenges and assist with supplying materials for activities which are not provided by Engineers and Geoscientists BC. Please note: These will mostly be common household items.
- Incomplete Participation Forms will not be eligible.
- Completed Participation Forms will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis.
1. Please review the above statement and confirm your understanding by selecting the field below.
2. Please provide the following information:
3. Please indicate the grade of the student that you would like to register for the 2021 Science Games
Engineers and Geoscientists BC collects personal information including the names, emails addresses, age group divisions/categories, phone numbers, and mailing addresses of participants and their parents/guardians, as well as the status of the legal parent/guardian and any other personal information requested or provided on this form, pursuant to British Columbia’s Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, for the purpose of facilitating involvement in the 2021 Science Games. Questions about Engineers and Geoscientists BC’s collection of personal information in relation to this contest can be directed to Mark Rigolo, Director, Programs and Professional Development, 200-4010 Regent St., Burnaby, BC, V5C 6N2, 604-412-4854.
Child/Ward (the ”Child/Ward”) Information
I consent that the first name, team name, city, age group division/category, and photos or videos of my child/ward may be disclosed by Engineers and Geoscientists BC on a public Science Games webpage, on the organization’s general website, in the organization’s annual report, and in the organization’s Innovation magazine and electronic newsletter for the purpose of promoting the Science Games event and showcasing their project. This consent is effective immediately. If I provide the Engineers and Geoscientists BC with any photos or video in connection with the 2021 Science Games, I agree that I will only provide photos and videos in which I or my child/warn holds copyright, and I grant the organization the perpetual but non-exclusive rights to copy, adapt, or otherwise use the photos or videos for the purpose of promoting the Science Games event and showcasing my child/ward’s project. I confirm that I am the legal guardian of the child on whose behalf this consent is provided and rights are conveyed.
Individual participants will be put into groups of 4-6 students. If you know of other students who are registering for this event you can request to be in the same group by listing their information below.