This category is for former members-in-training (EIT and GIT) who wish to reinstate their membership and former members (P.Eng. and P.Geo.) who wish to reinstate their membership with non-practising status.
Reinstatement as a non-practising member does not grant you practice rights. If you intend to practise engineering or geoscience in British Columbia you must resume your practice rights.
Former engineers-in-training or geoscientists-in-training
- Former members (P.Eng or P.Geo) who wish to reinstate their membership with non-practising status
- An application for reinstatement
- Application Fee for Reinstatement of Membership
- *Certified copy of Canadian Citizenship (citizenship card, birth certificate or current Canadian passport) or Permanent Resident Status certified by a professional engineer, professional geoscientist or notary public
* To have a copy certified, make a photocopy of your document (citizenship card, birth certificate or current passport) and ask a P.Eng., P.Geo., P.E., or Notary Public to sign and stamp it as a "true copy of the original". Alternatively, you may bring your original document as well as a photocopy of it to our office to have it certified. If you cannot come in person, you can send a third party to bring in your original document and the photocopy to be certified as long as a signed letter is provided authorizing the individual to provide the documentation on your behalf. Please do not mail your original citizenship card, birth certificate or current passport to Engineers and Geoscientists BC.
|Application Fee for Reinstatement of Membership (former engineers-in-training, geoscientists-in-training and professional engineers and professional geoscientists (Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada) who wish to reinstate their membership without practice rights
|Annual Fee - professional registrants P.Eng. or P.Geo. non -practising (Canadian Citizens or Permanent Residents of Canada), prorated as of the date of registration
|Annual Fee – engineers-in-training or geoscientists-in-training, prorated as of the date of enrollment
The reinstatement process will take approximately 1 -2 weeks unless additional information or documentation is required. Once your membership is reinstated, you will be notified.