Corix has more than 70 years’ experience designing, building, financing, and managing the vital utility infrastructure systems required for communities to grow and thrive. Ensuring the safest, most efficient transport, delivery, and treatment systems, we work in partnership with the people of the communities we serve to create fresh solutions and provide services in a socially and environmentally responsible manner.
Corix Utilities, a division of Corix, develops customized water, wastewater, and energy systems and provides field metering services for clients across North America. Our vision is To Build a World of Sustainable Communities by effectively balancing the environmental, social and economic impacts—and benefits—of our utility solutions. Find out more at www.corix.com.
Corix is accepting applications from candidates with proven skills, qualifications and abilities for the regular full-time position of Director, Engineering and Operations – Energy Services Canada to work in the Langley branch. This position is responsible for oversight and direction of all operations and project engineering activities for the Canadian Energy Services business unit. A strong utility background with a complete and comprehensive understanding of the utility business including financials is a core component of this role. Using this knowledge and experience to develop and execute on key business strategies, improve operational efficiencies, lead and mentor a team of professionals, and to implement new processes and systems to better meet objectives while achieving operational excellence.
- Oversees and directs Operations and Project Engineering teams ensuring all strategic objectives are met within the operational functions of the Energy Services business unit;
- Develops and improves operational efficiencies while meeting operational standards of clients and key performance metrics;
- Provides strong, clear leadership and guidance to all members of the Operations and Project Engineering teams;
- Manages relationships with clients, acting as a point-of-contact for key inquiries or escalations;
- Responsible for setting and achieving financial outcomes including operations and capital budgets;
- Establish and deliver business objectives to the schedules as set out;
- Works within the Corix asset management framework and set, deliver and implements asset management systems;
- Coordinates, communicates, and reports business financials and key performance indicators to senior management team;
- Works closely with the Financial, Reporting, and Analytics team to facilitate timely reporting of financial related information and to monitor performance of profit center operations to business plans and budgets;
- As the lead of the Operations and Project Engineering team, participates in the development of business strategy, communications, workforce recruitment, quality control and risk management, personnel training, safety, and marketing plans and will be the lead person on several assigned planning tasks;
- Works with the senior management team to implement strategies and actions emphasizing growth of the business through broadening of our portfolio to existing and new clients;
- Sets a strategic operational plan with clear objectives and goals that align with the business needs and direction;
- Leads continuous improvement of processes, including efforts to consolidate systems;
- Ensures that management is running efficiently with staffing and developing employees; and
- Works closely with the Project Engineering team to ensure capital projects and system extensions are successfully implemented.
- 5–10 years of experience in an Engineering Technologist role, or related experience;
- Demonstrated experience in the implementation or supervision of a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS);
- Demonstrated HSE experience in a similar environment; and
- P.Eng. is an asset.
- Competitive salary,
- Comprehensive benefits package,
- Generous vacation package,
- Company-matched retirement savings program,
- Internal training programs,
- Tuition reimbursement program,
- Work-life balance and flexible work arrangements, and
- A pristine record of safety and environmental performance.
Corix is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. Accommodations are available upon request.
Please visit the Corix career site to apply: www.corix.com/careers/career-opportunities.