The Senior Project Coordinator will be responsible for assisting with all aspects of the planning, approvals process, project management, design, and construction of housing development projects. Prepares contract scope of work, detailed cost estimates, request for proposals, and tender documents. Reviews design drawings. Provides technical expertise to consultant teams.
The anticipated length of this term assignment is approximately 3 years.
This position requires an acceptable criminal record check. The applicant/incumbent will be required to undergo a criminal record check in order to work in this position and to report to their supervisor if any criminal charges are laid against them that may be related to their employment in this position.
Provides project oversight and project management, and ensures the various housing projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Reviews design drawings and as-constructed drawings.
- Prepares and/or reviews contract scope of work, detailed cost estimates, staff reports, request for proposals, and tender documents.
- Receives, evaluates, and recommends acceptance or rejection of tenders.
- Researches and investigates Zoning Bylaws, Municipal Policies, and Planning documents to inform project development decisions.
- Provides technical expertise, guidance, and direction to consultant teams with the responsibility of maintaining project standards.
- Assists with project feasibility analysis, conceptual design reviews, contract document reviews, and hiring members of the consultant team.
- Reviews and maintains housing development proformas, cash flows, and excel models.
- Provides contract oversight and administration including overseeing, directing, liaising, and negotiating with consultants.
- Assist with reviewing change orders and change directives, request for information, tender recommendations, payment certificates and invoices, and engineering field reports.
- Deals with enquiries and complaints from the public during the land use amendment process and during construction for various projects.
- Schedules meetings, prepares agendas and required materials, obtains equipment if needed, and produces minutes.
- Maintains complex filing systems specific to capital projects and planning initiatives.
- Prepares and drafts communication and project related updates for releases as well as, prepares, coordinates, and monitors information on the website.
- Verifies and processes equity amounts for payment.
- Verifies all consultant invoices for accuracy.
- Works closely with the CRD finance officer in all aspects of financial administration including establishing and maintaining financial administration and accounting systems.
- Follows all policies, procedures, and standards of the CRD.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- A degree in planning, engineering, business administration with 6 years’ related experience.
- Experience would include:
- Demonstrated experience with low to midrise residential developments,
- Demonstrated experience with project management and project oversight working with complex and diverse initiatives, and
- Demonstrated experience with contract management including providing direction and oversight while ensuring standards and expectations are met.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, and customer-service skills are required.
- A thorough knowledge of standards, materials, methods of construction and design, and contract administration.
- Knowledge of and ability to use various computer word processing, spreadsheet, and project scheduling programs and databases.
- Excellent presentation skills with demonstrated ability to communicate complex, technical information to non-technical and technical audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Results-oriented, energetic team player, who is able to collaborate effectively with diverse groups of professionals and across multiple disciplines.
- Knowledge of federal/provincial/municipal regulations, legislation, codes, standards, and guidelines related to development projects.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Eligibility for membership as a Project Management Professional (PMP) is an asset.
- Must possess a valid BC Driver’s Licence.