We are seeking an Electrical Engineer to become an integral part of our team. You will assist in the research, design, and development of electrical components and systems for marine robotics applications, including Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs) and seafloor drills.
Cellula Robotics Ltd. (CRL) is an innovative engineering company that specializes in automated and tele-robotic systems, primarily for the offshore and subsea market. Our solutions are designed, built, and tested in-house by a skilled team of engineers, technicians, and support staff.
We take pride in what we do and work hard to bring the best value to our clients. We learn from the systems we develop so that we can continually improve the solutions we deliver to our clients. To that end, we encourage the same team members who helped design and build our solutions to assist in the field with installation, operational trials, and service.
As a company, we offer team members a chance to grow professionally with ever-changing projects. Our office is a casual, collaborative environment where you will be able to learn about our state-of-the-art systems from technical experts. In addition, we offer flexible work hours, benefits, and competitive compensation.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or equivalent.
- P.Eng. or EIT with Engineers and Geoscientists BC.
- Canadian citizenship or Permanent Resident status.
- Work in a small team developing control systems for marine robotics.
- Design, assemble, test, and install electrical components and systems for marine robotics.
- Electrical drawings, documents, and calculations to company standards.
- Assist with creating electrical work packages (budgets).
- Stay current on relevant technologies.
- International travel may be required.
- Offshore work may be required.
- 4 years or more experience in electrical engineering in relevant field (robotics or marine).
- Subsea electrical systems and sensors.
- Skilled in 2D electrical CAD.
- "Hands-on" skills including soldering, testing, and field wiring.
- Simple circuit design and PCB layout.
- ISO 9001 quality environment.
- Excellent English communication skills: written and oral.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Both detail oriented and able to see the "big picture".
- "Can do" attitude.
Reports to: Control Systems Manager
Position type: Full time