Domtar makes products that people around the world rely on every day. We are driven to improve quality of life, how we do things is equally important as what we do and we are constantly looking for ways to be better. We design, manufacture, market, and distribute a wide variety of pulp, paper, and personal care products from copy paper to baby diapers. At Domtar you can expect more than just a job. We offer opportunities on which you can truly build a career.
This is an exciting, new developmental position targeting recent graduates/EIT’s.
Domtar Pulp in Kamloops, BC, is looking for an electrical engineer for employment as an Associate Electrical Engineer to work within a multi-disciplined engineering team. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the work will be varied as the pulp mill provides exposure to maintenance issues, process control, and construction management. This is a challenging role working in an industrial complex involving both office and field duties. The mill offers a wide range of electrical and instrumentation challenges including high voltage applications, power generation, PLC programming, distributed control systems, networking, instrumentation, and hi-tech vision applications.
- All aspects of electrical engineering to support a busy pulp mill.
- Engineering design and construction management for maintenance and capital projects. This will include liaison with engineering consultants, contractors, and vendors.
- Field commissioning and start-up of projects.
- Day-to-day document management.
- Exceptional AutoCAD skills,
- Good problem-solving skills,
- Prior experience in engineering or an industrial facility desired, and
- Canadian citizen.
- Desired non-technical attributes: team player, strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to work across organizational boundaries, strong organizational skills, self-starter, strong personal initiative and follow-through.
- Desired technical attributes: Bachelor's or master’s degree in electrical engineering with emphasis in power systems and/or control systems.