International Quest Engineering Ltd. is an established engineering company in Prince George, BC. specializing in structural and mechanical engineering for the Wood Products, Mining and Energy Industries. We are currently looking for an entry level civil/structural EIT.
The successful candidate will be responsible for undertaking the design with senior P.Eng. guidance and completing the necessary details to complete the project. This will include the sizing and selection of structural components and coordinating the necessary design and detail requirements with the engineer.
Additional functions may include field measuring, field inspections and assisting with onsite coordination and design. The preferred candidate will be a Civil Structural Engineer. Experience in the wood products, mining, material handling industries and or trades would be an asset.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Detail design and drafting of steel, concrete, wood and masonry structures including connections, and reinforcement details.
- Create technical drawings, solid models, FEA studies and reports
- Field inspections and site supervision
- Collaborate with engineers and other personnel to provide technical information and effective design ideas.
- Research and develop specifications used in the design process.
- Complete work in an efficient and timely manner.
- Provide feedback to design engineers.
- Engineering Degree
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, with positive and team oriented attitude
- Proficient with AutoCAD, MS Word and Excel skills
- Good structural aptitude and knowledge
- Strong work ethic
- Works precisely and pays close attention to details and drives for excellence
- Ability to work with other engineers and technical support staff
- Ability to interpret and evaluate data provided by the engineer
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Valid driver’s license
Job Type: Full-time
Apply by email: [email protected]
In person: 1088 4th Ave, Prince George, BC V2L 3J1
From 08:00 to 17:00