WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future-proof our cities and environments.
We have over 48,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We’re among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies 2 years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
- We value our people and our reputation,
- We are locally dedicated with international scale,
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo,
- We foster collaboration in everything we do, and
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable.
WSP is currently seeking Project Managers at multiple levels of seniority, to join our Transportation Group located at our Vancouver office. Reporting to the Manager, Transportation Engineering, these positions will be responsible for design, design management, and project management of complex transportation projects. These projects can vary in size and complexity from minor rural highways to complex Urban Interchanges, transit exchange facilities, intermodal corridors, Bus/LRT Rapid transit corridors, complex rural interchanges, etc. The successful candidate will participate in the delivery of multi-disciplinary Transportation Design projects from urban roadways to rural highways to freeway type facilities.
- As appropriate for level of seniority, act as Owner’s Project Manager, Owner’s Engineer, Design Manager/Coordinating Professional Engineer, or Independent Certifier, as appropriate to the project delivery method (Design-Bid-Build, Design-Build, P3, Design-Bid-Build, etc.);
- Assemble and manage multi-disciplined project teams, including a number of specialty sub-consultants;
- Prepare Project Management Plans including Work Plans, Risk Management Plans, Safety Plans, Quality Plans, and Communications Plans;
- Working with WSP’s Project Controls staff, monitor the progress of projects with respect to scope, schedule, budget, quality, etc. and implement Change Notices with clients and Change Orders with sub-consultants as appropriate;
- Prepare Monthly Status Reports for clients, project funding partners, and/or executive oversight committees, as appropriate to the project;
- To assist clients with obtaining funding for detailed design and construction of projects, prepare Project Definition Reports that outline the business case, scope, schedule, budget, risks, permit and approval process, and implementation plan for the project;
- Write proposals and statement of qualification documents that clearly communicate WSP’s leadership in the transportation infrastructure sector;
- Negotiate and manage contracts with clients and sub-consultants;
- Administer construction contracts on behalf of Owners and coordinate engineering field reviews for compliance with the design;
- Manage the permitting and approval process; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience (20 for Senior-level), in design and construction management of major projects, preferably in the transportation infrastructure sector;
- Experience with alternative methods of project delivery such as design-build, construction management, and private-public-partnerships;
- Registered or eligible for registration with Engineers and Geoscientists BC;
- Project Management Professional ("PMP") certification will be preferred;
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills;
- A demonstrated ability to manage, direct, and motivate multi-disciplined teams to deliver fast paced complex assignments;
- Familiarity with formalized schedule, cost, and document control processes;
- Understanding of business development and demonstrated proposal writing skills; and
- A proven track record of completing projects on time and on budget with a high degree of client satisfaction.
Please apply to: