Closing Date: October 30, 2020
Want to make a difference? Join a fast-paced, high energy, and dynamic team that is redefining mining for the future.
Find out more about RACE21™ on our website!
Reporting to the Manager, Autonomy, the Project Lead, Autonomous Drill Systems (ADS) is responsible for advancing a single drill ADS Proof of Concept Pilot Program from feasibility through execution. This position will utilize existing resources at the operating site and within RACE21™ and lead all work required including; regulatory approval, communications, planning, construction, commissioning, optimization, and transfer to operations.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with strong proficiencies in mining processes, organizational change, and a bias for hands-on field work is crucial. Someone with strong problem-solving skills and comfortable with working in ambiguous and unstructured settings, who has excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and can build relationships easily.
Upon successfully demonstrating the performance of the system, this role will be responsible for recommending the expansion of ADS across our sites where it makes sense to do so. This project has been identified as an important element of our Mine Automation strategy, which is part of our RACE21™ transformation program.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures.
- Collaborate with the RACE21™ team on business case development and vendor selection process.
- Ensure the development and delivery of detailed and comprehensive training programs to support commissioning and operations phases of the project.
- Ensure requirements for operation are established following change management standards associated with people, process, and technology.
- Ensure all regulatory approval processes are met and adhered to.
- Plan, schedule, track progress, and provide regular progress updates.
- Maintain financial forecasting and all cost control activities.
- Manage commercial agreements, procurement activities, and site contractors in development and execution of work plans.
- Establish and maintain accurate and relevant metrics for autonomous systems performance, including safety, efficiency, reliability, and cost.
- Ensure construction and configuration of all autonomous systems and infrastructure meets quality specs.
- Bachelor's degree in mining, mechanical or electrical engineering, with professional engineer designation (P.Eng.).
- Minimum 10 years of open pit mining, project management, and field experience.
- Proficient in ERP Systems, Microsoft Project, and the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong leadership skills with a proven track record of leading technical and operations teams that deliver results.
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.?
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources.