Cariboo Pulp is a West Fraser and Mercer International joint venture located in Quesnel, BC. We have an opportunity for the role of:
Are you ready to join an industry that provides a real work/life balance and opportunities for the future in a green and sustainable industry? We’re looking to build our high-performing team with motivated, energetic, passionate people seeking interesting work in a dynamic environment.
Cariboo Pulp & Paper is a forerunning producer of NBSK pulp as well as clean “green” energy. Forward thinking ownership, capital investment, and movement towards bio-product opportunities has contributed to Cariboo’s longevity and very bright future. Cariboo offers competitive salaries, top-end pension plan, flexible benefits, opportunity for development, advancement, and most importantly, the opportunity to make a positive difference in a renewable industry.
This position reports to the Engineering Superintendent and is a technical adviser to the Area Operations Coordinator. This role will recommend procedures, methods, materials, and specifications to reduce costs and increase productivity of mill operations. The position also acts as vendor, contractor, and consultant liaison on problems arising from the maintenance effort and works towards the resolution and correction of recurring maintenance problems. This role is additionally responsible for area reliability and major maintenance and capital initiatives.
- Detailed engineering and project management of major and minor maintenance and capital projects;
- Major maintenance shutdown planning, execution, and contractor coordination;
- Design and optimize equipment to maximize reliability and performance;
- Oversee the pressure vessel, piping and tank integrity program for associated equipment; and
- Responsible for the safe and efficient installation of equipment and major repairs to existing equipment, including boilers and auxiliary equipment.
- Mechanical engineering degree;
- Registration as a professional engineer (P.Eng.) in BC, or eligibility for registration is required;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Strong organizational and analytical skills;
- The ability to work independently as well as part of a team;
- Excellent skills in all forms of communication;
- The motivation to advance into progressive leadership roles; and
- The desire to learn and succeed.
- Pulp mill or heavy industry experience;
- Minimum 5 years experience; and
- Experience in maintenance engineering.
Cariboo offers a comprehensive relocation package to assist your move to Quesnel. Located in central BC, Quesnel has a population of approximately 25,000 and features all major conveniences, including its own airport. Quesnel offers affordable housing, modern recreational and educational facilities, regular community events, as well as unlimited recreational activities for the outdoor enthusiast. It doesn’t take long to feel part of Quesnel’s welcoming community.
Interested applicants should apply by sending their resume and proof of qualifications in confidence.
A family business at heart since 1955, West Fraser values excellence in performance and people, challenge and satisfaction, and profitability and growth. We practice leadership in our field and responsibility in our communities. For more information on West Fraser and our current opportunities, visit our website at: www.westfraser.com/jobs.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.