We have a new opportunity for an Intermediate Civil Engineer to join our team in Prince George, BC. We are seeking an experienced professional engineer with demonstrated leadership abilities and solid technical skills. This individual will be responsible for guiding project teams in delivery of diverse civil engineering projects. Our ideal candidate will have a focus working with local governments and land development projects but enjoys delivering transportation and resources projects as well. This role is ideal for someone who is looking for an opportunity to excel as an engineering generalist, leading a wide variety of civil engineering projects.
- Provide detailed design support in the production of engineering designs, drawings, and specifications; meeting all client and approval agency requirements, including new municipal utilities and road works, as well as local government utility rehabilitation and renewal projects.
- Coordinate and assist in the preparation of documents required for approvals, calculations, prepare development and construction cost estimates, tender documents, and contracts.
- Coordinate with other team members to ensure schedules, budgets, and quality control standards are achieved.
- Create and/or review of superior proposals and technical reports.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to junior engineers and technical staff.
- Regularly exceed client expectations.
- Degree in civil engineering from an accredited university plus at least 2 years’ with a P.Eng. designation.
- Registration in good standing as a P.Eng. in British Columbia or other provincial regulator.
- Demonstrated team player’s attitude and a keen entrepreneurial spirit.
- High productivity, attention to detail, and an ability to work well in a team environment.
- Experience with all government levels, construction contractors, and approving authorities.
- Excellent organizational skills, communication skills, and attention to detail.
- Ability to travel for occasional site visits across Northern BC.
- Experience in working in a construction environment is an asset.
- Strong understanding of various software which include AutoCAD, C3D, Storm CAD, Water CAD among others.
Based in Western Canada for over 100 years, McElhanney offers innovative and practical engineering, surveying, mapping, planning, landscape architecture, and environmental services. As a 100% employee-owned and operated firm, with over 1,100 staff members in 33 locations, we are proud to offer qualified staff with shareholding options in our company. At McElhanney, we work in teams to build strong connections with our staff, clients, and local communities. Our employees enjoy working here because of our varied projects, high levels of autonomy, opportunities for career development, excellent total compensation, and benefits package, and collaborating with a team of great professionals.
Our Purpose: Amaze our clients. Care for our communities. Empower our people.
If this is the opportunity for you, apply now or visit www.mcelhanney.com/careers to apply online. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.