Source: BC Hydro
Job Title: Generation Work Program Manager
Job Number: BCH-R-4397-200625E1
Job Location: Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada
Keeping the lights on for over 4 million people across the province takes a lot of talented people doing many different jobs. From working deep in a generating station, atop a power pole, or behind a desk, whatever it is that makes you tick we offer challenging careers to help you reach your potential.
We’re investing more than $2 billion per year in major capital infrastructure projects to help meet the growing demand for safe, reliable power. We’re upgrading transmission lines, building new substations, and investing in our hydroelectric generation facilities. We aim to provide meaningful and challenging work, opportunities for growth, and a healthy work/life balance. We’ve been recognized for excellence and been named one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers for 4 years in a row.
It’s our vision is to be the most trusted, innovative utility company in North America by being smart about power in all we do.
As a Work Program Manager in Program & Contract Management (PCM), the successful candidate will be responsible for the Generation Maintenance Program. The program includes the management of Condition Based, Corrective, Facility Maintenance and Preventative Maintenance work at stations across the province. The program also includes the management of complex Maintenance projects under the overall program. The successful candidate will:
- Implement the Generation Maintenance program within the established budget, scope, and schedule while meeting quality and safety objectives.
- Develop and execute strategies to maximize efficiency and delivery of the program.
- Lead initiatives to improve process and procedures related to the delivery of work across the province.
- Work with Integrated Planning and Stations Field Operations to develop the annual work plan.
- Work with our delivery partners in Engineering, Station Field Operations, Construction Services, Procurement, Environment, Indigenous Relations and Safety to successfully deliver the program.
- Prepare monthly progress reports on scope, schedule and budget metrics.
- Monitor and communicate program progress to all relevant Stakeholders.
- Manage a variety of service and maintenance contracts across the province.
- Manage and implement change control as necessary.
- An engineering degree or equivalent is considered an asset. A combination of education and relevant experience will be considered.
- Technical knowledge acquired through 3–5 years in a specific field (e.g., engineering, technical, trade, business or sciences).
- 3–5 years of experience in program or project management (preferably in a utility, engineering or construction environment).
- Strong grasp of project and program management principles, various delivery models, and contracting strategies.
- Project Management Institute (PMI) certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent is considered an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and management skills and the ability to work in an unstructured environment.
- Strong analytical capabilities to work with data to forecast trends and report on progress using software such as Excel and Tableau.
- Must be able to effectively manage multi-discipline program teams and oversee external contractors.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills with an ability to present key program information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
This position requires sound knowledge of BC Hydro Program Management Practices and Information Systems. The successful candidate will have strong analytical capabilities to be able to identify gaps and opportunities for improvement in current processes. As well, strong interpersonal skills working with a number of stakeholders: asset managers, engineers, contractors, aboriginal relations, safety, environment, properties, and field crews are essential to the success in this role.
Valid Class 5 Driver's Licence is required.
Ability to travel occasionally within the province will be required.
Interested candidates should submit their applications online at app.bchydro.com/careers/current_opp.html by July 17, 2020.
Please visit the BC Hydro “Current Opportunities” Careers page to view and apply for jobs.
You must use a supported browser, such as Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Safari. Your pop up blocker will also need to be disabled for the BC Hydro Careers site.
On the BC Hydro Careers site, click on the 'Apply' button in order to complete the steps to apply for this job. Please be sure to update your Candidate Profile with your current resume and include copies of your certifications, if applicable.
We're always looking for exceptional people to bring new ideas, fresh thinking, and the motivation to help shape the electricity system in BC. It's an exciting time to be a part of our team as we invest in our system and prepare to meet the challenges of tomorrow.
Our values guide our work.
- We are safe.
- We are here for our customers.
- We are one team.
- We act with integrity.
- We respect our province.
- We are forward thinking.
BC Hydro is an equal opportunity employer.