As a Process Engineer, you'll be responsible for continuous performance improvement as well as executing case studies related to our automated logistics solutions used by our customers. You will also take into account future developments in the customer market and are able to quantify the benefits of proposed improvements.
The successful candidate will be able to act at an operational, strategic, and tactical level, and will know how to present the benefits of a specific solution in a convincing and constructive way. They will have strong analytical abilities, together with an entrepreneurial and customer-centric approach in which they are not afraid to take the initiative and make decisions.
In addition, you will provide ongoing operational support to colleagues as well as the customer during incidents. An airport is a 24/7 environment and at certain times you will need to respond outside normal business hours. Additional support will include, but is not limited to, being available remotely and on site, creating workarounds to the incident until the incident is resolved, input to develop post incident lessons learned, lead all root cause analysis, and provide written analysis as well as presentations. Develop and provide process documentation and operating instructions to team members.
- Work with customers and colleagues to analyze customer processes and machine data to identify problem areas and make improvement proposals for logistics process and system operation.
- Create and present system improvements through business cases, reports, and workshops.
- Innovate new solutions and prevent future problems.
- Clearly report to customers and internal customers on status of system and come up with usable insights; propose improvements.
- Quantify benefits of proposed improvements by utilizing data analytics (industry standard metrics such as payback period and ROI).
- Support the implementation of system improvements.
- Develop tools and methods to measure performance.
- Act at an operational, tactical, and strategic level by presenting the benefits of a specific solution in a convincing and constructive way.
- Deploy mitigation strategies during operational failures for complex systems.
- Work with PLC and high-level controls engineers for developing solutions for current and future projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering.
- Registration as an EIT or professional engineer (P.Eng.) in BC, or eligibility for P.Eng. registration is required.
- Minimum 5 years relevant working experience in an operations, manufacturing, or process driven environment.
- Work experience in warehousing/distribution or logistics is an asset.
- Advanced user with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and PowerPoint.
- Proficient in object oriented and database code structures.
- Continuous improvement work experience including Lean Six Sigma, 5S.
- Willing and able to travel up to 15% domestically and some international.
- Self-motivated with an entrepreneurial mind set.
- Strong analytical capabilities, together with an entrepreneurial approach in which you are not afraid to take the initiative and make decisions.
- Works systematically, continuous improving processes for self and department.
- Strong analytical skills and knowledge of databases and spreadsheets.
- Strong communication skills and can think creatively and in conceptual terms.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced operational environment with competing priorities and multiple stakeholders.
Please apply directly on the website.