Imagine a career with the City of Richmond, a dynamic environment for growth and continuous improvement, fostered by our collective strengths and creativity. We are a vibrant, diverse cosmopolitan city, supported by a strong economy and recognized as leaders in innovation and service delivery excellence. The City of Richmond is committed to be the most appealing, livable, well-managed community in Canada, a goal that is only made possible by developing our most valuable asset—our people. This is a great opportunity to join our team and shape our community.
Job ID: 2018335
The City of Richmond is currently looking to hire a Temporary Full-Time Building Energy Specialist to join our Building Approvals Department. This position is responsible for reviewing and auditing building designs and energy models to monitor compliance to BC Energy Step Code. The incumbent will report to the Manager of Plan Review and provide technical guidance and training to staff on BC Energy Step Code implementation, as well as education on building energy efficient construction in Richmond.
- Knowledge of current methodologies and design practices in building architecture, engineering, and building construction.
- Knowledge of building envelope design principles and practices.
- Ability to interpret and communicate highly technical regulatory requirements and engineering research findings to a broad range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to develop and revise policies and guidelines for Energy Step Code implementation for use by staff and building industry.
- Excellent ability for verbal, written, and visual communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the building community and various client groups.
Completion of a professional degree in mechanical engineering, architecture, or an equivalent building science professional degree from a recognized post-secondary institution; supplemented by three (3) to five (5) years of experience as Community Energy Manager or in building energy modelling, building design, and code compliance. Experience in energy modelling using a variety of modelling software is essential.
If you think this is a good fit for you, we invite you to apply today!
For further information regarding position details and to apply, please visit our website at www.richmond.ca/employment.
The City of Richmond offers a competitive pay and benefits program, attractive incentives and a compressed work day schedule.