Twin Peaks Engineering Ltd., is a structural engineering consulting firm located in Whistler, British Columbia, and is seeking a senior level Structural Engineer with minimum of 8 years’ experience in the design of commercial and industrial structures to join our engineering and design team. The successful candidate will work with our experienced professionals on a wide range of projects with various structural materials including concrete, steel, timber, and masonry.
This position is ideal for a candidate looking to make the next step in their career. Having the autonomy to manage, run, and execute their own projects, they will also enjoy and benefit of living in one of the best locations in the world and enjoy a balanced work/life environment.
- Design of commercial, industrial, and multi-family buildings including precast tilt-up concrete, reinforced concrete, steel structures, and wood framed multi-storey construction.
- Prepare conceptual/feasibility, preliminary, final engineering design and provide technical support during construction.
- Work with multi-disciplinary teams of designers, project engineers, and project managers in the delivery of projects.
- Undertake designs in a timely and effective manner within project cost and schedule constraints.
- Interface with other disciplines and offices as required. Support, mentor, and develop junior staff, and
- Bid, win, and manage projects in order to maintain internal budget targets.
- Minimum 8 years of structural engineering experience.
- Experience in the design pre-cast concrete tilt-up commercial and industrial buildings is essential.
- Registration as a professional engineer (P.Eng.) in BC, or registered as an engineer-in-training (EIT) with eligibility to register as a professional engineer in 1–2 years.
- Bachelors degree in civil/structural engineering.
- Committed to client service and technical excellence.
- Ability to work independently and manage medium size projects with minimum direction.
- Strong team player with effective communication skills, and
- Skiing, snowboarding, or mountain biking skills a must! (but not essential).
Attractive renumeration package available based on the candidates suitability and experience.