Parkland is an independent supplier and marketer of fuel and petroleum products and a leading convenience store operator. We power a growing family of locally known brands and our team members serve retail, commercial, and wholesale customers across Canada, the United States, the Caribbean region and the Americas. Our purpose as Parklanders is to energize people and businesses to get them where they want to go. We’re a passionate team of down-to-earth achievers, committed to getting our customers, colleagues and communities further, faster.
We have exciting career opportunities at our Burnaby Refinery for an experienced Process Engineer to join our Technical Services team. As a member of the Technical Services team supporting the Refinery, you will work to maintain safe, reliable and profitable operation of the refinery by overseeing operation of assigned units, troubleshoot issues, support turnarounds and improvement projects. Processes at the Burnaby refinery include crude distillation, fluid catalytic cracking, hydrotreating, isomerization, catalytic reforming, alkylation, sulfur recovery, energy and utilities, waste water treatment, and blending and shipping.
- Ensure technical support needs are met for Operations, HSE, Maintenance and Supply functions;
- Support planned turnarounds and associated turnaround improvements;
- Facilitating process hazard analyses, management of change, and investigations processes;
- Developing business cases and facilitating process and project improvements, and;
- Mentoring, coaching and guiding junior process engineers.
- Bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering;
- 5 to 10 years’ demonstrated experience in a related position in an oil and gas industrial plant environment and/or petrochemical facility;
- Strong team-player with excellent interpersonal skills;
- An effective problem solver, and ability to effectively handle several tasks/projects concurrently in a plant environment;
- Strong written and verbal communications;
- Eligibility for registration with Engineers and Geoscientists BC as P.Eng. or EIT.
- Participation in Parkland Pledge, an employee-driven charitable giving program.
- Our Performance-based Annual Incentive Plan, an annual bonus awarding your performance.
- A share in our success through the Employee Share Purchase Plan and 100% company matching.
- Flexible medical and dental packages, a Health Care Spending Account, along with a supportive Employee and Family Assistance Program.
- In-house learning and development opportunities, leadership training, international opportunities.
- An employee referral program – earn up to $2000 for your referral.
- A focus on healthy living through wellness initiatives and an annual fitness reimbursement program.
- Discount Programs and Educational Scholarship Programs for family members.
Candidates must be legally able to work in Canada at this time. Parkland regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
We thank all candidates in advance for their interest, however only those being considered will be contacted.
Parkland Fuel Corporation is committed to the principles of Employment Equity.
We strive to provide accessibility in employment to ensure equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. Parkland Fuel Corporation will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability, please notify us upon scheduling your interview.