SMcN Consulting Inc. is a Vancouver Island based engineering firm offering mechanical design and consulting services. We specialize in HVAC, plumbing, fire protection design and construction administration services to clients throughout British Columbia.
The successful candidate will join a rapidly growing company that values its team members, mentorship, and client relationships. We pride ourselves on providing a great working atmosphere that encourages initiative and success with many opportunities to develop your skill set. SMcN offers a comprehensive compensation and extended health benefits package.
SMcN Consulting is looking for a self-motivated individual who possesses a positive attitude and strong work ethic. The applicant must be detail-orientated, eager to learn and be a team player. In this position, you will work closely with project team members and be responsible for designing and drafting HVAC, plumbing, fire protection systems and assist with construction administration services for a variety of building projects. Guidance and direction will be provided by senior staff.
Position Type: Full Time
Office Location(s): Bear Mountain, Langford and/or Nanaimo, Vancouver Island, British Columbia
Hours: 37.5 - hour work week
Start Date: As soon as possible
- Produce quality drafting/designs of building mechanical systems using AutoCAD, Revit & BIM
- Manage a workload consisting of multiple projects filtering from multiple project managers
- Cooling and heating calculations using Excel & simulation software
- Plumbing service calculations
- Coordinate designs with other engineering disciplines
- Assist with construction field reviews
- Assist with site visits and 3-D laser scanning
- Perform various other duties as assigned by the managers
- University degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Registration, or eligibility to register, as a professional engineer (P.Eng.) in BC, or registration as an engineer-in-training (EIT) is required
- 2-5 years’ of related experience
- Proficiency in AutoCAD & Revit required
- Experience in hydronic pipe sizing, domestic water & gas pipe sizing strongly preferred
- Experience in duct sizing and air terminal selection strongly preferred
- Understanding of heating and cooling load calculations strongly preferred
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Self-starter, ability to manage multiple tasks on strict deadlines
- Detail-oriented, well-organized and commitment to producing consistent, high quality work
- Independent, creative problem solver
- Skilled in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Ability to read construction drawings and/or construction experience and knowledge an asset
- Applicant must be legally permitted to work in Canada
- Class 5 driver’s license & vehicle is an asset
If this looks like the perfect opportunity for you, please email resume to [email protected]. Please note: We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please no phone calls.