Taseko Mines is a dynamic and growing Canadian mining company, headquartered in Vancouver. Our strategy is to grow by developing our pipeline of high-quality advanced stage projects.
Taseko operates the state-of-the-art Gibraltar Mine in central British Columbia. Gibraltar is the second largest open pit copper mine in Canada and has a 700 person workforce. Gibraltar has a long mine life and produces an average of 140 million pounds of copper and 2.5 million pounds of molybdenum per year.
The company has recently completed construction of a US $25 million demonstration plant at its Florence Copper Project in Arizona. Florence Copper is a unique in-situ copper recovery project which, when in production, will significantly increase Taseko’s copper production. Engineering, design, and permitting activities are underway in preparation for the 25-year commercial production phase of the project.
With the recent acquisition of Yellowhead Mining, Taseko has added a large, long-life copper project to its development portfolio. The deposit, located 150 km north of Kamloops, BC, is similar to the Gibraltar Mine deposit and the company is preparing to take the steps necessary to advance the technical and permitting work required to move the project towards production.
In addition to the activities underway at Florence Copper and Yellowhead, Taseko continues engineering, permitting, and environmental assessment related activities at its Aley niobium project in north central BC. For more information on Taseko visit our website at www.tasekomines.com.
Reporting to the Chief Engineer, the Senior Mine Engineer will be an integral member of an experienced corporate engineering team. They will have the opportunity to expand their skills and broaden their experience while working on a diverse portfolio of projects at various stages of design, permitting, construction, and operation. Based in Vancouver, the successful candidate will provide critical support at the corporate level including project mine planning, technical input to environmental assessment and permitting of projects, and acquisition evaluation.
- Capable of completing a broad range of multidisciplinary tasks in a timely and cost-efficient manner;
- Assume a project management role for some aspects of project design and development;
- Perform optimized life of mine and medium-term designs, including pit and site design, scheduling, and budgeting;
- Contribute to the technical aspects of environmental assessments and permitting;
- Participate in the technical and financial analysis of potentially accretive acquisitions; and
- Present results of studies and projects to executive level staff in Vancouver through a variety of methods including written reports, memos, live presentations, and informal meetings.
- Proficiency in mine design, planning, and scheduling software, GIS basics, and Microsoft Office;
- Experience with geotechnical considerations in pit, tailings, and dump design;
- Exposure to geological and geostatistical modelling concepts;
- Familiarity with water management concepts and modelling would be an asset;
- Proficiency in cost estimation, cash flow model development, and economic evaluation;
- Proven project management experience;
- Preference will be given to those with experience at an operating mine;
- High ethical standards, accountability, and integrity;
- Demonstrated relationship management, critical-thinking, problem-solving, and decision-making skills;
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage and prioritize several assignments at one time;
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively and within established timelines;
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills; and
- Proven initiative and self-motivation.
- Degree in mining engineering with a minimum of 5 years of related experience; and
- Registration as a P.Eng. with Engineers and Geoscientists BC or the ability to become registered within 12 months.
At Taseko, we pride ourselves in offering a challenging and rewarding work environment. Our employees have the opportunity for career and professional growth through development, education, and succession plan programs.
In addition, our compensation benefit package includes competitive salaries and vacation packages, Health and Insurance benefit program, and Retirement Savings Plan.
If you are qualified for the position posted and are interested in being part of reshaping the future of Taseko Mines Limited, please contact us either through our website at www.tasekomines.com or by sending your particulars resume and cover letter to Amanda Brooks at [email protected].