Wesgroup Properties started as a family business in British Columbia more than 50 years ago and today is one of Western Canada’s largest private real estate organizations with a diversified portfolio spanning residential and commercial real estate in most asset classes. Wesgroup owns and manages over 3 million square feet of commercial property and has built more than 6,000 homes in 100 communities.
Wesgroup is seeking a Project Coordinator to join its Civil Works team. This is an exciting and unique opportunity as Wesgroup is currently developing a number of large sites and communities throughout the Lower Mainland with significant civil construction scopes. The Project Coordinator is responsible for organizing, tracking, and coordinating all efforts related to Civil construction, including liaising with relevant municipalities, contractors, and consultants. The role will report to the Senior Vice President, Construction.
- Track and report on the status of all civil infrastructure projects during the design, tendering, construction, acceptance, and maintenance stages, including return of securities;
- Correspond with the City, consultants, and contractors on a regular basis on all aspects of civil infrastructure projects to meet Services Agreement Requirements;
- Attend site meetings, walkthroughs, and inspections with the City, consultants, and contractors;
- Assist with technical review of detailed design plans, contract documents, and technical specifications;
- Maintain documents and record drawings;
- Provide input to and coordinate with Wesgroup’s in-house Development and Construction group; and
- Develop strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- University degree or technical diploma in engineering, with a focus in civil engineering;
- 2 + years’ experience in a civil engineering discipline;
- Broad range of civil engineering experience with knowledge of civil construction process, design, and municipal construction specifications and plans;
- Experience with AutoCAD, Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Project);
- Knowledge of relevant laws, procedures related to the design of streets and utilities, including MMCD;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to proactively resolve conflicts in a timely and effective manner; and
- Experience in Lower Mainland municipalities, notably in the City of Vancouver would be an asset.
We will provide a competitive salary and benefits package for the right candidate as well as a professional and rewarding working environment.