CWA Engineers Inc. is a privately-owned EPCM firm that services the resource sector throughout North and South America. We are growing in a diverse range of industries, including mining and minerals processing, ports and terminals, construction aggregates, engineered wood products, pulp and paper, petrochemicals, municipal infrastructure, and utilities.
At CWA, we embrace a culture of innovation, excellence, and continuous improvement while providing a flexible work-life schedule. We hold innovation competitions, host regular lunch-and-learn sessions, participate in intramural sports and after-work activities, and provide 17 earned days off each year in addition to vacation days.
We are looking to add two qualified structural engineers to join our team. Both positions will be based in our Vancouver office at the Broadway Tech Centre, with amenities including a fitness centre, basketball and volleyball courts, an outdoor BBQ area, restaurants, cafés, bike lockers, underground parking, a daycare facility, and convenient access to the Renfrew SkyTrain Station.
As an integral member of our structural team, your role will include preparing designs, specifications, technical reports, and capital cost estimates. In addition, this position will involve performing field assignments including structural condition inspections for facilities and equipment. Travel to job sites on a short-term basis will be required.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and characteristics:
- A bachelor’s degree in structural engineering and registration as a professional engineer with Engineers and Geoscientists BC. P.E. registration in Washington State or Alaska will be considered an asset but is not required.
- Relevant design experience including conveying systems, bulk loading and unloading equipment, buildings, and structural support systems for process equipment.
- Experience conducting inspections and repairs for infrastructure at ports, marine terminals, and mines for a range of bulk material handling equipment.
- A natural ability to take on a leadership role and mentor junior engineers and designers.
- A demonstrated ability to liaise with clients, contractors, and consultants.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English.
- Strong attention to detail.
- A valid BC driver’s licence.
This is an ideal opportunity for a professional who is driven by solving real-world problems, enjoys working on a variety of unique and innovative projects, and is willing to take on new challenges within a growing team.
Please submit your application in .pdf format to [email protected] with the subject line as follows: Structural Engineer – Full Name.
We thank you in advance for your interest and effort in applying. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
No phone calls or recruiters, please.