The AECOM Infrastructure Planning Team is actively seeking an Intermediate/Senior Infrastructure Planning Engineer for immediate employment in its Burnaby, BC, office. Applicants should have 5 or more years of relevant experience in municipal projects involving infrastructure planning, asset management, and hydrologic/hydraulic modelling.
The appropriately qualified candidate will be responsible for leading municipal planning projects, including sanitary modelling projects, buried infrastructure asset management plans, watershed management plans, as well as storm water plans. They will also be required to provide technical guidance and mentorship to less experienced staff. This position requires a professional with the demonstrated ability to lead and work well with others as a member of a team.
This position will require someone who can work with clients to identify needs, can lead business development efforts, and can produce and review final project deliverables.
In addition to a strong technical ability, you will have an innovative approach and ability to take on responsibility, communicate clearly and effectively, be organized, and work collaboratively with other team members. This position is ideal for an individual who possesses an appropriate balance of technical ability and leadership skills.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Providing technical leadership in the development of drainage and sewer master plans including coordination of inflow and infiltration studies.
- Development of hydrologic and hydraulic computer models to simulate infrastructure systems including calibration and client support.
- Asset management planning for a range of public and private sector clients involving a diverse asset portfolio including water and wastewater utilities, municipal, transit, airports and ports, and facilities.
- Proposal writing and business development.
- Participate in the development of solutions to client problems with a focus on financial analysis and capital investment under the guidance of a more senior manager.
- Be able to innovate and pursue collaborative, creative approaches and work on exciting engineering and asset management projects.
- Have the ability to work effectively and competently with people at all levels in the organisation, is a great team member and leader, and
- Have excellent self-management skills, including working effectively with or without direct supervision, managing, and organizing fluctuating workloads.
- Bachelor of civil or environmental engineering.
- 5 ore more years of relevant experience.
- Eligible for registration as a professional engineer with Engineers and Geoscientists BC.
- Technical expertise related to stormwater management and sanitary modelling and planning, or watershed planning.
- Hydraulic and hydrologic modelling and analysis capabilities.
- Ability to work independently and oversee the work of other team members.
- Have practical knowledge in the area of public sector infrastructure with an emphasis on sanitary sewer infrastructure planning, asset management, and condition assessment procedures.
- Excellent written skills needed to support development of technical reports, tools, support documents, and training materials.
- Strong oral communication, interpersonal, and teamwork skills, and
- Articulate and confident, with excellent presentation skills (both oral and written).
- Software platforms of interest include InfoSWMM, InfoWorks CS, XP SWMM, SewerGEMS, PC SWMM, Mouse, Mike Urban and ESRI’s ARC Map.
- Strong knowledge of BC lower mainland municipal clients.
- 10 or more years of relevant experience.
- Experience in project management including work in large multi-disciplinary project teams on complex projects.
- Project Management Professional certification would be an asset.
- Municipal engineering design and construction experience would be an asset.
- Working knowledge and experience with MMCD, and MMCD Contract Administration accreditation an asset.
- Class 5 Driver's Licence, and
- Experience with Geographic Information Systems (e.g., ArcGIS) would be a definite asset.
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At AECOM, employee's safety and security are our top Safeguarding core value. All employees are expected to set the highest level of safety expectation in their work, display the highest level of safe behavior, and actively participate in AECOM's Safety For Life Program. SH&E is a part of our company culture and participation is required for all employees.
Interested candidates are invited to apply online via www.aecom.com.
For questions get in touch with our Talent Acquisition Consultant via Georgeta.Suta@aecom.com