McCuaig & Associates Engineering Ltd. is currently seeking an experienced Mechanical Engineer to join our team. The ideal candidate will have at least seven years of mechanical and project management experience.
We are a multi-disciplinary consulting firm with offices in Calgary, AB, and Vancouver, BC, Canada. We are involved in all aspects of building construction, specializing in renovation and restoration of occupied buildings. Our projects are located throughout Western Canada. Typical projects may include:
- Building mechanical system assessments;
- Design and project management of building mechanical (HVAC) retrofits;
- Design and project management for replacement of piping systems;
- Depreciation Reports – Reserve Fund Studies;
- The ideal candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Registered as a P.Eng. with Engineers and Geoscientists BC and/or APEGA;
- Relevant construction industry related experience;
- Experience completing building condition assessments and reports including opinions of probable costs;
- Experience in all delivering all project phases: design development, design reports, life cycle costing, client presentations, construction document development, tender public/private, project meetings, field reviews, project management and contract administration, post construction manuals and project close out procedures;
- Effective project management skills and experience;
- Working knowledge of building codes, ASHRAE 90.1, NEBC, and relevant standards;
- Effectively communicate with colleagues, clients, contractors, and municipal officials;
- Sound engineering judgment and problem-solving skills;
- Strong computer and software skills;
- Be able to efficiently manage multiple projects and ensure milestones are met;
- &Strong technical writing skills; and
- Valid Driver's Licence.
For more information about McCuaig & Associates, please visit our website at www.mccuaig.net.
This is a full-time salary position; salary will be commensurate with experience. Please send resume and cover letter by email to [email protected].
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.