Intermediate Civil Engineer, North Vancouver, British Columbia
Webster Engineering Ltd. is searching for an Intermediated Civil Engineer.
Webster Engineering Ltd. is a small and successful civil engineering and land development consulting firm which specializes in steep rocky terrain, and is located in North Vancouver, BC. Our work includes projects focused on the North Shore, Sea to Sky Corridor, Whistler, Bowen Island, and the Lower Mainland. Webster is seeking a talented intermediate civil engineer with experience in both the municipal field and/or the private sector who will provide a complement to our recognized area of excellence in land development. The successful candidate will have an understanding and significant experience in civil engineering and construction. She/he will have experience in project management, client management, and budgeting. He/she will be expected to work efficiently and effectively in a team environment.
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or higher;
- Registered, or eligible to register, as a professional engineer with Engineers and Geoscientists BC;
- Seven (7) or more years of experience within Canada;
- Experience with land development projects;
- A wide variety of civil engineering disciplines including engineering of roads, water, sanitary and drainage systems, tender preparation, contract administration, and field review;
- Knowledge of Municipal infrastructure and design requirements and standards;
- Experience working with AutoCAD;
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills and the ability to use sound judgement;
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, along with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment;
- Organizational skills; and
- Able to travel for client meeting, construction inspection, and progress review.
- Projects are mainly green field land development, but also include infill developments, commercial, and light industrial;
- Design of civil systems: potable water, sanitary, drainage, and roadways;
- Preparing designs, calculations, specifications, cost estimates, reports, memos, design briefs, and budget analysis;
- Technical analysis for potable water systems including computer modelling;
- Technical analysis for stormwater including modelling, sizing infrastructure, and designing detention measures;
- Coordination of full right-of-way utilities including Shaw, Telus, BC Hydro, FortisBC, and streetlighting; and
- P.Eng. sign and sealing of drawings, professional schedules, and other documents as required.
- Lead a team on a project from start to finish;
- Oversee the work of technicians and EITs, and manage several projects while meeting strict deadlines;
- Working with Clients to understand their engineering requirements while meeting the municipal standards in order to reach job completion;
- Coordinating with other consultants; and
- Determine the scope and fee for proposed engineering services, while completing projects on time and on budget.
- Salary range is negotiable and will commensurate with experience;
- In addition to BC Medical, an extended medical plan is provided, with amount based on salary, to be used as needed for medical care, glasses, prescriptions or other medical expenses; and
- Performance bonus commensurate with productivity and profitability on an annual percentage basis.
The work environment at Webster Engineering is dynamic and stimulating. We encourage staff to reach their full potential aided by mentoring, training, and professional development.
Send your resume and cover letter by email to John Tynan: [email protected]
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those shortlisted for interviews will be contacted.