Northwest Territories Power Corporation
Mechanical Hydro Field Engineer
Under the direction of the Director of the Hydro Division, is responsible for providing mechanical technical expertise and field engineering support services for the operations and maintenance of power systems and all mechanical assets for NTPC’s Hydro Division generation.
Acts as Hydro Operations’ conduit to facilitate best business practices in coordination and cooperation with Asset Management, Project Management, and Engineering. Works closely with the maintenance planners and managers to determine best practice for maintenance strategies.
- Provides mechanical technical expertise and field engineering support services for thermal and hydro assets including rotating equipment used for power generation including diesel and hydro generation assets.
- In consultation and coordination with maintenance managers, provides O&M maintenance strategy, standards, processes, procedures, and documentation
- Supports Asset Management, Engineering, and Project Management with identification, definition, design, and implementation of capital projects.
- Updates CMMS asset data, marks up or red-lines prints of technical drawings to produce “as-built drawings”, and sends them to Engineering to update CAD drawings managed on central drawing management system to reflect changes resulting from maintenance work.
- Participates in team meetings as required, and in accordance with the principles of team management, to determine program objectives, provide input to group financial planning, and to assess and coordinate unit workload and priorities.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering from a recognized university.
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years of related engineering experience, including a minimum of one (1) year providing engineering support for operational work.
- Must have technical knowledge pertaining to the design, operation, and maintenance of mechanical apparatus.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare technical reports, including business case analyses.
- Eligible for membership of NAPEG.
Salary for this position ranges from $57.98/hr–$70.46/hr. We offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes health and dental benefits, long-term disability, life insurance, paid sick days, and a defined benefits pension plan.
Affirmative Action Employer: Candidates must clearly identify eligibility status in order to receive priority consideration.
We thank all those who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.