Clean Energy Consulting (CEC) is a well-established BC company with a passion for building outstanding projects. With involvement at all stages of project development, we strive to better understand and fully accomplish the project outcomes. Our self-directed, hands-on team enjoys the opportunity to be involved from the concept through into operation. This allows our team to learn and improve while providing ongoing challenges and opportunities for development.
CEC is currently looking for a Senior Power Systems Engineer to join the Electrical, Instrumentation, and Control (EIC) team in our Prince George office. This position will be primarily focused on providing electrical engineering services to our clients in the biomass, small hydro, industrial, utility services, and renewable power business areas. This individual should have extensive experience in the area of Grid Interconnection, Substation, Power Distribution, and Protection and Control (P&C) systems.
- Lead the design, implementation, and commissioning of HV, MV, and LV (AC/DC) electrical power systems;
- Manage and deliver electrical and power system scope on projects of varying size and complexity;
- Mentor engineers and designers including training, development, and supervision;
- Develop project scope, capital cost, and engineering cost estimates; and
- Proactively contribute to business development, proposal development, and networking initiatives.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- 15+ years of experience designing, implementing, and commissioning industrial electrical power systems;
- Electrical engineering degree and eligible for registration with Engineers and Geoscientists BC;
- Experience as lead electrical engineer on multidiscipline projects;
- Experience as project manager;
- Expertise in engineering studies (grounding, short circuit, arc flash, coordination, power and load flow modelling, islanding);
- Proficient with grid interconnection and substation (up to 138 kV) experience;
- Knowledgeable on power distribution systems (switchgears, MCC, BOP), protection, and control systems;
- Familiarity with design principles, codes, and standards for EIC design in Canada and the US; and
- Proficiency with ETAP and SKM Power Tools.
CEC offers a professional and engaging working environment with competitive compensation and benefits packages.
Please forward your resume and cover letter in PDF format by email to: [email protected]. We thank all applicants for submitting their resumes; however, only applicants who are being considered will be contacted.
Reports to: Electrical, Instrumentation, and Control Group Lead
Location: Prince George, BC