WhiteWater West is seeking a Structural Engineer, Intermediate to join our Structural Engineering team at our Richmond head office!
In this position, you will be an integral member of a structural design team that is involved in a variety of water and theme park projects around the world. This role demands the candidate to have strong technical and creative design skills, a varied design background to supplement the day to day project demands and an attitude committed to help “create places where fun thrives”.
- Perform analysis and design of structures using the applicable building and design codes/standards (US and Canadian).
- Provide design sketches and coordinate work with draftspersons and other engineering departments during the proposal and design development stage.
- Liaise with external consultants and drafting contractors for assigned projects.
- Prepare technical specifications.
- Review and check engineering designs and drawings from team members.
- Complete site inspection as required in international locations.
- Support fabricators and assist site superintendents with technical solutions for site issues.
- Review shop drawings and develop design solutions and modifications when warranted by site conditions.
- Contribute to the development of departmental teamwork and efforts to improve efficiency and Quality.
- Proven coaching and mentoring experience of design and drafting staff.
- Degree in Civil / Structural Engineering.
- Professional Engineering designation in Canada (P.Eng.) with Engineers and Geoscientists BC, or US (P.E.).
- 6+ years of experience related to structural design engineering with a strong, proven background in steel and reinforced concrete design, exposure to multi-discipline engineering and project management.
- Experience with architecturally intensive design projects.
- A proven ability for critical thinking and a passion for creativity.
- A desire for professional growth to a management level.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A can do, positive, dynamic attitude.
- Proficiency in structural design software including StaadPro, Sap2000, and drawing software including AutoCAD and Solidworks.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Must be legally allowed to work in Canada.
- Comfortable working at heights.
- Must be able to travel internationally without restrictions and with limited advance notice.
- Must have a valid passport and driver’s license.
- Work within a fast paced, high energy environment with tons of opportunities for learning
- Company barbeques, events, and lunch and learns
- Bike facilities and showers to freshen up!
- Toastmasters club
- Full extended health benefits from your first day of employment
- 100% MSP coverage for you and your family
- Health Spending Account $$
- RRSP matching after 1 year
As a part of ensuring a safe and secure workplace, successful candidates may (role dependent) have to complete a pre-employment drug & alcohol test and/or background check (references, credit, identity and criminal check).
Note: We will not be accepting candidates from recruitment agencies at this time. Only Candidates who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered.
WhiteWater, The ORIGINAL Waterparks & Attractions Company, is the leading global designer and manufacturer of innovative waterpark products and active family attractions for world-class clients. We specialize in waterslides, multi-level water play structures, wave-generating equipment, FlowRider® stationary surfing machines, harnessed attractions, interactive play and water rides.
WhiteWater is dedicated to providing the ultimate WOW experiences to our clients and their guests by delivering projects on time, on budget and to the industry’s highest quality and safety standards. Our industry leading innovation is driven by a team of over 600 extremely talented employees in 21 offices around the world working together to complete over 5,000 projects since 1980. Recently, WhiteWater was awarded Canada’s Best Managed Companies designation for its excellence in management and business practices.
At WhiteWater, we celebrate our diversity and highly value our employees. Our uniqueness is what makes us a creative, energetic, fast paced and innovative company. We are an exciting business in a unique international industry that promotes a flexible and positive work environment. We empower our employees with new technologies, and the latitude to do their best work. We have a collaborative and open door environment and acknowledge the need for work-life balance.
Learn More About Us!