QCA Systems provides electrical engineering services and automation solutions for industrial environments. Engineering services range from medium voltage distribution to control level design. We develop a wide variety of power distribution layouts, automation solutions, and instrumentation systems for a wide range of industries. These industries range from mining and bulk material handling systems, to container terminals, water/waste water, oil transmission, and the manufacturing sector.
We are currently looking for a qualified Electrical Engineer for a wide variety of electrical power systems projects including power distribution design, coordination study, fault and arc flash analysis, electrical house engineering, control and instrumentation design, installation supervision, and commissioning. You will be working with an innovative and passionate team.
We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefit package and a flexible working environment.
- Performing engineering design from 4160V to 120V.
- Power distribution and control system design.
- Equipment specifications.
- Power system studies.
- Perform protection and control systems design and settings.
- Commissioning of medium voltage and low voltage electrical power systems.
- Cabling systems, grounding, lighting.
- Electrical room and operator cabin design, and
- Ensuring that designs comply with the relevant codes, standards, regulations, and procedures.
- Electrical engineering degree from a recognized university with P.Eng. designation or ability to register as a professional with Engineers and Geoscientists BC.
- EIT is ok if in third year of proven work experience.
- 3–10 years direct industrial, mining or process plant experience, involving medium and low voltage equipment.
- Experience with power system studies (short circuit, load flow, coordination, arc flash) using SKM, ETAP or EasyPower software.
- Strong knowledge of regulatory codes and standards (CSA, CEC C22.1, NEC NFPA-70).
- Previous experience designing electrical systems—schematics, wiring, and layout drawings.
- Self-starter with strong technical and analytical skills.
- Practical engineer who is confident in field meetings and supervision.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- AutoCAD Electrical is considered as asset.
- Experience working with hydraulic control systems is an asset, and
- Preference will be given to engineers with control system design experience.
- Some travel May be required from time to time, and
- This job is performed indoors in traditional office setting with frequent visits to site.