Location: Atlin, British Columbia, Canada
Position Type: Consulting/Contract
Salary Range: Based upon qualifications.
Anticipated Start: ASAP
*Must be eligible to work in Canada
This position will be responsible for providing mine engineering services for Sector Resources Canada, Ltd.’s Spruce Creek Mining Project located in Atlin, BC, Canada. Employment will be through Sector Resources Canada, Ltd. (“Sector”) and based at its Atlin, BC location. The primary responsibility of this position is to provide continuous assessment of Sector’s underground mining operation in Atlin, BC.
- Bachelor's degree in mining, geotechnical, or civil engineering.
- Professional engineer (P.Eng.) certification or licence in British Columbia, Canada.
- 8 or more years of experience in hard rock, coal, or placer mining.
- Strong industry knowledge of underground and above ground mining techniques, equipment, and technology.
- Strong financial and analytical skills related to budgeting, cash flow analysis, profit/loss, and compliant fiscal controls.
- Ability to manage interdisciplinary support professionals.
- Proven leadership skills, excellent interpersonal skills with ability to resolve conflict, communicate effectively both orally and written, and possess effective negotiating skills.
- Must be a strategic thinker and leader.
- Proficient with the use of personal computers including Microsoft Office, Adobe Suite of Tools, CAD programs, and mine planning software.
- Must have a valid driver’s licence.
- Employment within the mining industry.
- Greenfield project experience.
- Responsible for all underground mine planning and operations.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders, including senior management, technical professionals, and operational personnel.
- Strong technical, leadership, and problem-solving skills.
- Good interpersonal, communication, and report writing skills.
- Ability to establish new, and maintain current, client relationships.
- Experience in undertaking technical studies, trade-off studies, cost estimation, and project evaluation.
- Experience in open-pit mining is desirable but not essential.
Sector Resources Canada, Ltd. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and will consider all applications without regard to race, marital status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.