Job Title: Intermediate Geotechnical Design Engineer
Job Location: Vancouver, BC
Number of Positions Available: 1
Ecora is seeking an Intermediate Geotechnical Design Engineer to join their expanding Geotechnical Group. The position will be based in our downtown Vancouver office to support our growing workload in the Lower Mainland. We are seeking a candidate that is proficient in geotechnical characterization, embankment design, preload design, stability modelling, pile design, liquefaction analysis, and seismic displacement analysis. Experience with site response and familiarity with seismic hazard analysis would also be a benefit. The candidate would ideally have had a solid grounding in practical site investigation and construction experience and be proficient in preparing technical memos and geotechnical reports.
Ecora’s Geotechnical Engineering Group has extensive experience in providing geotechnical services in support of infrastructure projects, commercial structures, dam engineering and residential subdivision construction, and is providing consulting services to provincial government including the BC Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure and BC Ministry of Forests, Lands & Natural Resource Operations, municipalities, First Nations communities, architects, developers, and contracting firms throughout British Columbia. Ecora’s Geotechnical Engineering Group is supported by a CCIL certified materials testing laboratory.
A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in civil or geological engineering with at least 7 years related work experience is required. Must be registered, or be eligible to register, as a professional engineer in BC. Travel throughout British Columbia may be required in this position.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s licence (or equivalent) with a clean driving record.
- Legally eligible to work in Canada.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Previous project management experience.
- The ability to manage multiple projects and work independently under minimal supervision.
- Strong work ethic with the desire to excel and achieve.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Previous experience conducting site investigations.
- Previous experience with industry standard geotechnical software such as gINT, CPeT-IT, L-Pile, GROUP, Settle 3D, Slide, SHAKE, etc.
- Plaxis or FLAC experience.
- Previous materials testing and construction experience.
In exchange for your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with a highly competitive annual salary plus benefits including:
- Extended health and dental benefits,
- LTD insurance.
- Profit sharing opportunities,
- Reimbursement of applicable professional membership dues,
- Employee share options, and
- Opportunities for paid training (role dependent).
Upon joining Ecora, you will be welcomed into a close-knit and cohesive organization with excellent company culture and a range of social events.
Ecora is an employee-owned engineering, environmental and forestry professional service firm. Ecora is committed to creating and delivering quality products to our valued clients. Our team has extensive experience in providing a wide range of consulting services to clients including First Nation communities, provincial government, municipalities, architects, developers, and contracting firms throughout the British Columbia interior. Our team of specialists is supported by a wide network of associates that enable Ecora to deliver a full suite of services throughout western Canada and around the world. Ecora is built around its core values of commitment to our staff, our relationships, our community and our environment.
Please apply via email with a cover letter and resume to [email protected] on or before April 12, 2019. Thank you for your interest in Ecora Engineering & Resource Group Ltd. Only qualified candidate’s will be considered for this position and only those short listed will be contacted for an interview.