Great Northern Engineering Consultants Inc. is a progressive engineering consulting company specializing in Electrical Engineering, Traffic Systems and Intelligent Transportation Systems. We have multiple offices in Western Canada.
Become a part of our engineering team serving electrical utilities in distribution systems design as an Engineering Design Technologist. We are looking for a highly-motivated individual who can work under minimum supervision and is results driven to join our group.
- Preparing detailed designs for distribution electrical systems using MicroStation or Utility specific design/drafting tools.
- Preparing, reviewing, and marking for changes detailed site layout, structural, or electrical drawings such as: schematics, profiles, single line diagrams, circuit plans.
- Carry out detailed calculations to ensure that designs meet engineered standards and applicable codes.
- Preparing construction cost estimates, and
- Frequent interaction with customers and other team members regarding project requirements and progress updates.
- 2-year diploma in engineering technology from a recognized technical institute.
- Proficient with drafting tools such as AutoCAD and/or Microstation.
- Eligible for registration as a technologist with A.S.E.T. or ASTTBC.
- 4 or more years of experience in design of electrical utility or transportation related electrical systems. Applicants with less than the required experience may also be considered.
- Familiarity and working knowledge of design and construction practices for power distribution systems. Knowledge of Canadian Electrical Code – Part 1 and Part 3.
- Valid Class 5 Motor Vehicle Operator's Licence.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
The candidate should have a proven track record of taking initiative, possess excellent communication skills, and has the ability to work in a team environment.
We offer competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Email your resume outlining your qualifications and experience to: firstname.lastname@example.org.