GeoAdvice Engineering located in Port Moody, BC, has an immediate opening for a motivated Water Resources or Storm Water Engineer with 5–15 years directly relevant experience to support municipal projects involving municipal engineering, storm water management, hydrologic/hydraulic modelling, and watershed planning.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing technical and programmatic support on a variety of storm water and watershed management and modelling projects. This position supports a variety of water resources projects within GeoAdvice and requires a professional with the demonstrated ability to work well with others as a member of the team.
- Background and degree in water resources or civil engineering with a professional engineering licence.
- Education and work experience related to storm water management, modelling, and planning, or watershed planning.
- At least 5 years related experience; demonstrated experience providing technical support for projects involving storm water management, modelling or watershed planning; and ability to work independently and lead multi-disciplined teams.
- Strong hydraulic and hydrologic modelling and analysis capabilities.
- Software platforms of interest include InfoSWMM, InfoWorks CS, XP SWMM, SewerGEMS, PC SWMM, Mouse, and Mike Urban.
- Must be proficient in the use of standard word processing, spreadsheet, database, and ArcGIS software.
- Excellent written skills needed to support development of technical products, tools, support documents, and training materials.
- Strong oral communication, interpersonal, and teamwork skills.
- Municipal engineering design and construction experience a benefit, and
- Experience conducting statistical analyses, climate change, and flooding a plus.
- Development of storm water models.
- Coordination and completion of calibration exercises.
- Modelling support to our clients.
- Capacity and servicing analyses.
- Master plans.
- ISMP and IWMP projects.
- Servicing analyses, and
- Capital and operating program development.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. GeoAdvice values team-oriented workplace and workforce diversity. GeoAdvice offers their employees a comprehensive compensation package and the opportunity to work on awesome projects. Please visit our website at www.geoadvice.com to see the array of services that we provide and exciting projects we are currently working on.