Closing Date: October 29, 2020
Are you an electrical professional who is excited to develop your career? Come thrive in a growing sector of our industry!
Reporting to the Senior Engineer Supervisor, Processing, the Electrical Engineer, Processing, is responsible for delivering maintenance support, reliability initiatives, and project management for the plant power distribution system.
To be successful in this role we are looking for someone with outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, who can gain consensus from frontline partners. Someone who is organized, a critical problem solver, is able to prioritize contending demands in a fast-paced environment, and able to identify and deliver good projects.
In this role you will have the opportunity to take ownership of the plant power distribution systems. You will energize the maintenance team in problem solving and provide your expertise on new technologies and more efficient processes and tools that can make work more efficient and accurate.
Join us in the breathtaking Elk Valley of British Columbia. Here you will find outdoor adventure at your fingertips. Whether it's biking and skiing, or the laid-back atmosphere of fishing and hiking, there is something for everyone. Working a compressed work week with alternating Fridays off, come experience what work life balance is all about!
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures.
- Apply engineering principles to ensure the safeguarding of life, health, property, economic interests, the public welfare, and the environment.
- Engage with the plant maintenance team, you will refine the electrical maintenance program by your engineering analysis.
- Identify and deliver maintenance strategy and process improvements.
- Maintain electrical drawings and documentation for the plant.
- Support business planning for the plant power distribution system (five year planning, budgeting, and construction management) together with partners across the site business unit.
- Identify and champion projects to improve the power distribution system reliability and sustainability.
- Represent the plant on capital improvement project teams.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical or electronics engineering.
- Minimum 3 years demonstrated ability in an industrial environment.
- Eligible for, or working towards, registration with the Engineers and Geoscientists British Columbia.
- Experience with the Canadian Electrical Code, as well as high voltage systems, instrumentation, and controls.
- Proficient with common engineering software.
- Experience applying reliability techniques to electrical equipment such as Condition Monitoring techniques, Reliability Centered Maintenance, Failure Modes Effects Analysis, and Root Cause Analysis.
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.?
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources.