- Work with a team of professionals, positioned to leverage a market niche.
- See projects through various stages from infancy through design and execution.
- Enjoy a professional yet social and fun work environment, offering flexibility on growth path and development-based skills and talents.
Enginuity Consulting Ltd. is a small multi-disciplinary Vancouver-based consulting company providing engineering, project management, and consulting services within several industry sectors ranging from heavy industrial (mining) to light manufacturing (food, pharmaceutical, clean tech., etc.). Typical projects go through the full project cycle spectrum, starting with supply of industrial engineering design in the planning and concept phase, followed by detailed multi-disciplinary engineering, procurement assistance, and project and construction management. We take a cohesive, multi-disciplinary approach. We pride ourselves in being diverse and capable of tackling unique challenges. As part of this recruitment initiative, we aim to recruit and grow individuals that fit our vision and mission of becoming an all-inclusive service consultancy for facilities within Western Canada. We offer competitive benefits and promote a healthy and rewarding work environment, with growth and profit-sharing opportunities. For more information, visit our website at www.enginuity-consulting.ca.
You are a self-motivated and detail-oriented mechanical engineering professional, with sufficient experience to lead a small mechanical team to senior level given your level of experience in our of diverse array of projects experience in light and heavy industrial process and production plants and facilities. The role involves taking lead on mechanical scopes of multi-disciplinary projects, undertaking the EOR role for various mechanical engineering scopes of work. You are competent in leading and supervising a small team of designers and engineers-in-training, delivering mechanical packages to company project engineers and managers. You are comfortable working without supervision and managing and directing designers and drafters to submit deliverables. You are open to learning and acquiring new knowledge and utilizing your past experiences and expertise to new applications and challenges. You will work in close collaboration with project team members to develop action plans, identify and request for information, and develop concepts that are designed in details, through to execution. It is imperative for the individual to share our core values, vision, and purpose with intent of becoming a key member.
- Develops and defines system performance and facility requirements to fulfill concepts, client criteria, code, and regulatory requirements;
- Functions as Engineer of Record with and respective responsibilities such as Engineering Field Review and letters of assurance;
- Directs and reviews work by designers and drafters, as well as and redlining of drawings to issue under seal;
- Substantiates designs and concepts through delivery and record of calculations;
- Delegates and controls tasks and scope to engineers, designers, and sub-consultants;
- Seals and certifies documents, or functions, as Engineer of Record, on technical work performed by, and/or carried out by and under his direct review and supervision;
- Delivery of projects on budget and schedule;
- Ensures congruency between multi-disciplinary packages;
- Reviews and checking of project documents and deliverables;
- Plans, schedules, co-ordinates, and prioritizes of assigned tasks and responsibilities;
- Conducts site visits and engineering field reviews as required;
- Completes assignments and project tasks to ensure technical and engineering correctness and excellence, fulfilling project scope and requirements;
- Fully understands the project scope and immediately communicates to Project Manager or Engineer if client requests anything out of scope; and
- Provides direction, oversight, and guidance to junior staff such as engineers in training, designers, and drafters.
- Proficiency with applicable code such as BCBC, NFPA, ASHRAE, ASME, OHS, and other relevant code and standards;
- Design experience and comfort to practice and lead mechanical scopes involving industrial ventilation, HVAC, engineering of building facilities, plumbing, and fire protection building facilities, such as HVAC, Fire protection Plumbing, and Heating;
- Previous experience in industrial ventilation, dust collection, and fire protection;
- Ability to practice in other mechanical fields a strong asset (e.g., process piping, tanks, pressure vessels, and material handling);
- Previous experience in planning, management, and directing of activities of team and personnel through to completion and submittals of deliverables;
- Strong understanding and application of engineering and construction best practices;
- Able to work and contribute individually and as part of a team, being a self-starter;
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure;
- Capable of critical thinking, project task, and sequence planning;
- Service oriented, client, and team focused;
- Impeccable attention to detail and organization skills; and
- Proficiency with applicable code such as BCBC, NFPA, ASHRAE, ASME, OHS, and other relevant code and standards.
- Capable of critical thinking, project task and sequence planning
Applicants with process piping, tanks, and pressure vessels experience only do not qualify.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, industrial, or facilities engineering;
- Must be a registered professional with Engineers and Geoscientists BC; and
- Must have 15+ years of experience in consulting, engineering design, or EPCM.
Please do not apply if you have less than 10 years experience.
- Previous project engineering and management experience;
- Competence and willingness to undertake professional responsibility on engineering designs;
- Carry a Class 5 drivers license and own a vehicle; and
- Must have a passion for learning and understanding new industries and projects.
- Competitive salary based on performance. Salary: $85,000–$100,000 based on experience and culture fit.
- Individuals may be considered outside the range based on fit and experience.
- Two weeks paid vacation in the first year.
- Extended group benefits plan with MSP coverage, including medical, dental, and vision.
- Profit sharing opportunities.
- Performance and spot bonuses.
- Career improvement plan and development, with opportunity for advancement into key associate positions for the appropriate fits and key performers.
- Social events for staff.
Please apply with cover letter and resume. Thank you to all those who apply, however only those selected for interview will be contacted.