The Geomatics program at BCIT offers a full-time diploma, a Bachelor of Science degree, and an active schedule of continuing education courses, delivered through part-time studies.
The 2-year diploma is designed to provide students with a solid foundation in the theory and practical application of surveying and mapping. The degree requires an additional 2 years of study and builds on this foundation for students wishing to further their careers as land surveyors or Geomatics professionals.
Graduates of both the diploma and degree find employment in a wide range of fields such as construction, natural resources, legal and engineering surveying in both the public and private sectors. Faculty are key to the success of the program through excellence in instruction, close ties with industry, and by mentoring and motivating students to succeed.
The department is currently seeking a regular, full-time Instructor to develop and deliver courses in both the Geomatics Engineering Technology diploma and Bachelor of Science degree programs as well as other technology disciplines such as civil engineering, mining, and GIS.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and professional land surveyor or professional engineer with a minimum of 5 years of current and relevant industry experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Proficiency using CAD and Engineering software (Civil 3D, Land Information Systems, MicroSurvey and Leica software products).
- Excellent technical communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- A commitment to continued professional development.
- Proven experience in a broad range of Geomatics disciplines and applications including but not limited to:
- Field Survey Project Management
- Cadastral Surveying/Survey Law/Land Use Planning
- GIS/Land Information Systems
- Survey Computations
- Engineering Surveying
- Least Squares Adjustment
- Teaching experience at the college/university level.
Start Date: August 10, 2020
Salary Range: $53,566–$93,828 per annum per annum, based on education, experience, and placement criteria as outlined in the Collective Agreement.