You want to be part of a team that designs the transportation systems you’ll be driving for years to come. You understand what’s involved in taking a complex transportation project from planning through to design and construction. You follow developments in transportation engineering with interest. You seek like-minded engineers who want to build better roads together.
Binnie is looking for a Highway Design Engineer to join our Highway Design Division. Our team has been recognized for notable projects including the role of Owner’s Engineer on the Port Mann Highway 1 Improvement Project, and detailed design of the Highway 99 at 16th Avenue Interchange in South Surrey.
From our Burnaby office near scenic Deer Lake, you will provide highway design engineering services for a broad spectrum of transportation projects. The projects vary in scope and complexity from rural 4-lane projects to large urban interchanges.
You will work alongside our talented team of engineers, project managers, designers, and technologists, and apply your highway design expertise to develop optimal design solutions. You will utilize your previous experience with BC Ministry of Transportation highway design projects in this dynamic, challenging role.
- Acting as the Engineer-of-Record on design projects or performing design work in consultation with the Engineer-of-Record.
- Maintaining complete design records and project design files.
- Reviewing work and completing quality control procedures as per Binnie’s Organizational Quality Management Policy (OQM).
- Keeping up-to-date with knowledge of design engineering, legislation, and codes, and
- Guiding and directing staff involved with design process.
- 5–7 years of related experience in a civil engineering environment in a design capacity.
- Registration as a P.Eng. with Engineers and Geoscientists BC, or equivalent.
- A strong working knowledge of AutoCAD and Civil 3D.
- Strong communication and time management skills and ability to work concurrently on several different projects.
- Excellent attention to detail to consistently produce accurate, high-quality work, and
- Confidence to perform design work with minimal supervision.
We are the people behind the infrastructure you use every day. We’re small enough to know each other’s names, and big enough to be where we’re needed. As an employee-owned firm and one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, we take pride in our work and are respected as one of the top engineering firms in British Columbia. We support some of the most important infrastructure in the province and beyond.
We’re looking for professionals who want to build careers and communities that last. We can’t do it without you.
People come first. We support you with the education, mentoring, and growth opportunities you need to build an interesting career. As an employee-owned firm, we create a clear internal growth path that can keep up with even the most ambitious professionals. Whether it’s soccer or coffee clubs, hockey pool, lunchtime yoga, Movember or Bowling for Big Brothers, everyone can get involved in their own way.
Let us know why you want to work at Binnie, and why you would be a fit as our next Highway Design Engineer. Submit your application at binnie.com/careers/.
Thank you for your interest in Binnie. We look forward to reviewing your application.