Phasor Engineering Inc. is a multi-disciplinary engineering consulting company with offices located in Burnaby, BC, and Calgary, AB. We provide engineering services from concept design through to construction, panel fabrication, and commissioning services for utility companies, industrial companies, and municipalities. For more information, see www.phasorengineering.ca.
Phasor Engineering currently has an opening for a Protection and Controls Engineer position in its Burnaby office. This is a staff position and we offer an excellent benefit and very competitive salary package.
- Designing protection and control systems for utility substations up to 500 kV from concept design to design completion with limited supervision,
- Producing protection one-lines, schematics, panel layouts, and wiring diagrams,
- Preparing drawing lists, engineering documents, and specifications,
- Preparing bill of materials for protection and control equipment,
- Providing design support during the construction stage and completing as-builts,
- Coordinating with other design disciplines,
- Travelling to project sites as required, and
- Enhancing and maintaining relationships with internal groups as well as external contractors and clients.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering,
- P.Eng. (BC) or ability to obtain it within 6 months of start date,
- Minimum 5 years of protection and control experience in a Transmission and Distribution Utility or EPC environment designing substations,
- BC Hydro substation design experience a strong advantage,
- Proven working experience of relay settings and coordination is an asset,
- Team player with strong written and oral communication skills, and
- Good organizational skills and ability to manage a wide variety of projects/issues simultaneously.