Phasor Engineering Inc. is a multi-disciplinary engineering consulting company with offices located in Burnaby, BC, and Calgary, AB. We provide engineering services from concept design through to construction, panel fabrication, and commissioning services for utility companies, industrial companies, and municipalities. For more information, see www.phasorengineering.ca.
Phasor Engineering currently has an opening for an Electrical Engineer-in-Training (EIT) position in its Burnaby office. This is a staff position and we offer an excellent benefit and very competitive salary package.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering and be eligible to register as an EIT with Engineers and Geoscientists BC.
- Previous substation design work experience is an advantage.
- Self-motivated and driven. Able to undertake multiple assignments at once while managing your own time to meet project deadlines.
- Positive attitude and a team player.
- Ability to learn quickly and enjoys adapting to varying tasks.
- A strong communicator with good report writing skills.
- Assisting intermediate/senior engineers to produce drawings including but not limited to substation physical layouts and sections, material take offs, single line diagrams, three line diagrams, schematics, and wiring diagrams.
- Performing engineering calculations.
- Applying engineering software to complete engineering tasks such as ground grid design, relay coordination, and electrical studies.
- Undertaking site visits.
- Writing reports and engineering documents.