Are you ready to join a dedicated, hardworking team of professionals? Do you have a passion for making a difference? Then we want to hear from you!
We have a number of rewarding professional positions available now, including:
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Environmental Coordinator is an integral part of the Conifex Power team. The Environmental Coordinator is responsible for maintaining compliance with all permits and activities plus upholding a proactive relationship with regulatory agencies. The Environmental Coordinator provides leadership in environmental stewardship and best practices for industrial power plant operations.
- Advise Plant Manager(s) on environmental issues and concerns.
- Oversee the activities and refine procedures for site-level personnel responsible to collect daily, weekly, or monthly environmental data.
- Oversee collection of specific data, analysis of data for monitoring, documenting, and reporting to meet requirements for air emission permits, refuse permits (solid waste disposal), and effluent permits.
- Produce a variety of reports for environmental reporting and recordkeeping in accordance with established policies and protocols.
- Review, refine, and/or develop company environmental policies.
- Manage and/or participate in environmental project implementation, as assigned.
- Participate in or support site level or management-level environmental audits, and
- Interact with environmental regulators.
- Excellent compensation and health benefit package, including an annual health spending allowance.
- Professional development and training opportunities.
- Flexible work hours, and
- Opportunity to live and work in an active and growing community offering the best aspects of small town life with a wide range of amenities, including superb outdoor recreational opportunities of all types, extensive all season trail systems, golf course, hospital, and nearby ski hill (Powder King), all within a 2 hour drive of the city of Prince George, the University of Northern BC, and an international airport.
- Strong work ethic and love of the outdoors.
- Knowledge and experience with local, Provincial, and Federal environmental regulations and regulators.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze, interpret data, perform basic data analysis, and present executive level summary of data and trends.
- Excellent leadership and communication, project management skills, and ability to work in a team.
- Skilled at building and maintaining productive relationships and effectively liaising with internal and external stakeholders, and
- Ability to operate computer and supporting software packages.
Applicants will be accepted until position has been successfully filled.
To apply, please visit our website www.conifex.com and apply through the “Opportunities” tab.
To learn more about Mackenzie, one of BC’s best kept secrets, visit www.district.mackenzie.bc.ca.
We thank you for your interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.