BGC Engineering Inc. (BGC) is an international consulting firm that provides professional services in applied earth sciences. We work together as one team, with coordination and integration of all offices and disciplines. Currently there are over 450 employees, consisting of professional engineers, geoscientists, technicians, software developers, administrators, accountants, health and safety, and human resources professionals. BGC has offices in British Columbia, Alberta, Ontario, New Brunswick, and Nova Scotia, as well as Colorado, US, and Santiago, Chile.
Our flat management structure and unique culture create a work environment where employees can grow professionally, work with fantastic teams, and enjoy perks such as lunch time yoga, companywide clubs, and mentoring opportunities.
BGC is looking for a Senior Hydrogeologist to work out of one of our Western Canadian offices (Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, or Kamloops). This is an exciting opportunity to join a team of 25–30 hydrogeological professionals working on mining projects across North America. Projects span all phases of the mining life cycle and typically involve multi-disciplinary teams.
- Act as a technical lead and/or technical reviewer for hydrogeological site characterization, numerical modelling, and design projects.
- Manage projects, including proposals, budgets, schedules, staffing, and scope.
- Manage multi-disciplined project teams, potentially working in remote and challenging environments.
- Supervise, train, and mentor junior and intermediate professional staff in the field and office.
- Participate in business development, including identifying new opportunities, promoting BGC’s capacity for undertaking innovative and advanced hydrogeological projects, and proposal writing.
- Occasional travel to project locations in North and South America and beyond.
- Help promote BGC vision, values, and culture amongst BGC staff.
- 10+ years or more of relevant professional experience.
- Post-graduate degree in hydrogeology or hydrogeological engineering.
- Professional engineer or geologist with Engineers and Geoscientists BC or similar association.
- Fundamental understanding of hydrogeology, hydrology, and engineering geology combined with the ability to integrate and work with geotechnical and hydrotechnical disciplines.
- Exceptional communication skills in English, both written and oral, and the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience in mine site water management, mine dewatering, and depressurization, site investigation and characterization, tailings and water storage dam design and seepage control, permitting and environmental impact assessments, and groundwater modelling is an asset.
- Spoken and written Spanish language skills are an asset.
BGC pays competitive salaries, provides a comprehensive benefits package, and maintains a casual but professional work environment. If you are qualified and interested in a career with BGC, please send your resume and a cover letter in confidence to:
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to diversity & inclusion. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.