To provides field services and collaborates with scientists, Sr. Environmental Professionals and forensic experts on environmental investigation projects to provide consulting services to clients regarding environmental including but not limited to emergency response, spills, contamination, Indoor Air Quality (IAQ), Hazardous Materials and health and safety (EHS) issues in accordance with assignments from clients or senior professionals.
- First responder to new losses and assesses the site; some travel and work outside standard hours required;
- Successfully manages project activities to completion; including: assess, evaluate and determine extend of impacts, identify potential recovery avenues for client, retain and supervise sub-contractors, control costs and develop cost effective approaches, and identify and resolve conflicts within the project;
- Reports to the clients and keeps the manager apprised of developments;
- Ensures that all protocols are followed and reports are completed in a timely manner;
- Identifies and resolves conflicts within the project, independently;
- Budget preparation and invoice review;
- Monitors the efforts and billing of third-party workers, such as consultants, contractors, and other specialists;
- Assists in the appropriate, accurate, and timely collection of field samples (air, water, soil, etc.) and submits samples to laboratory for testing and analysis;
- Maintains safety procedures;
- Adheres to established methodologies for project management and EFI Global training and safety manuals;
- Local marketing;
- Additional duties as may be assigned;
- Documents and maintains billable hours on a time and expense basis, as applicable, for services rendered for external clients;
- Gathers detailed notes, takes photographs, and documents temperature, relative humidity, and moisture content measurements;
- Promotes and markets utilization of the company's investigative services by the insurance industry within assigned territory;
- Partners with senior professionals on complex cases;
- Prepares inspection reports based on scientific findings and scope of work per project;
- Follows industry acceptable methodology for performance of services;
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with clients, colleagues, subcontractors and prospects; and
- Assists and observes contractor work on projects and interact with clients and contractor or subcontractor representatives accordingly.
- Complies with company’s safety programs/standards;
- Properly utilizes personal protection equipment;
- Exercises appropriate use, care, and maintenance of equipment (company owned or leased);
- Complies with company standards and best practices regarding the storage of equipment;
- Complies with all Human Resources policies, programs, and initiatives;
- Meets or exceeds productivity levels and daily time submission as determined by manager; and
- All other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate must have a high school diploma with a post-secondary education (2-year diploma minimum) in one of the earth sciences, environmental science, environmental engineering, or related discipline. This role will be supervised by a professional biologist (P.Biol.). Certification courses in mould and asbestos assessment and abatement would be beneficial.
3-5 years of experience in the field completing all phases of environmental remediation work.
- Knowledge and understanding of current industry standards, regulations, techniques, and equipment for performance of Emergency Response and IAQ services;
- Excellent oral and written communication;
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products;
- Good organizational skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Analytical and interpretive skills;
- Problem solving skills;
- Ability to manage multiple projects and set priorities;
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment; and
- Ability to meet or exceed performance competencies.
- Travel, at least, 30-40% of the time. Can be local or across provincial boundaries;
- Exposure to all elements of the weather;
- Walking, climbing, etc., as required;
- Occasional lifting, up to 50 pounds, as required; and
- 40-60% work in field environment.
We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Colleague Resources if you require accommodation.
The statements contained in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a colleague assigned to this description. They are not intended to constitute a comprehensive list of functions, duties, or local variances. Management retains the discretion to add or to change the duties of the position at any time.