Creative Energy requires an Engineering Assistant with an understanding of district energy systems, and sustainable energy projects. The Engineering Assistant will work on a number of district energy projects under direction of the Director of Engineering.
The Engineering Assistant will report on the development and review of project budget and schedules, expediting design activities, tracking outstanding action items, and provide support during construction activities, among various other duties. They will work with a myriad of stakeholders, with a focus on project delivery, and maintaining strong relationships with key clients. They will support reporting requirements, track client meetings and milestones.
- University degree or technical diploma in engineering (mechanical, civil, or sustainable energy).
- 2-years combined technical and project management experience, and
- Strong interest in sustainability and renewable energy solutions.
- Support project management activities including quantifying variances, site instructions, preparing scope statements for new work, cost estimates.
- Create and update project procedures and templates.
- External resource engagement/interface.
- Spending time on construction sites and recording/managing issues, field surveys, and construction inspections, create deficiency lists.
- Tasks are assigned in detail and work is quality checked by more senior individuals to ensure soundness of work.
- Applicant should have a basic understanding of project management workflow, engineering design and drawings, and thermal energy systems.
- Sound technical understanding is required in order to perform the role.
- Strong communication and organizational skills are critical.
- The candidate must be proactive in managing and completing tasks assigned to them, and work effectively and seamlessly within the project team, with minimal direct supervision.
- Prepare applications and proposals.
- Support tendering process, and
- Prepare CCDC and other legal contracts.
- Proven work experience.
- Solid organizational and time-management skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong client-facing and teamwork skills.
- Construction or design experience an asset, and
- Computer applications, including MS office and ideally AutoCAD.
If the above work excites you, and you are looking to kick starting your career in the sustainable/renewable energy industry, apply directly to:
Please note, due to expected volume of applications, we can only contact the candidates that we plan on interviewing. Thank you for your consideration.