Through home performance design, Ecolighten is a trusted partner of architects, builders and homeowners to deliver ‘best in class’ solutions including mechanical HVAC design, green home certification and energy services for custom new home construction and major renovation projects.
Ecolighten is growing and seeking to fill an HVAC Design Consultant position with a focus in residential HVAC design and business development. The successful candidate will provide administrative, sales/marketing, project management and technical support within our Home Performance Design (HPD) team. This position will be focused in our HPD division providing services for custom new home homes and major renovations and the candidate must have knowledge and experience with HVAC equipment and design including forced air, hydronic, hybrid and ventilation systems.
The ideal candidate must have a passion for residential home building and energy efficiency. In addition, the candidate must demonstrate a willingness to take initiative with a desire to make a difference while working within a team environment.
Ecolighten is looking to fill a role that provides senior operational support for our home performance design services.
- Oversee management of design documents including the creation of integrated HVAC design plans - AutoCAD layouts, equipment/installation schedules and bid specifications.
- Carry out heating and cooling load calculations with oversight by senior staff.
- Prepare bid specification documents including equipment sand installation schedules with assistance provided by senior staff.
- Manage communication/interface with external clients (i.e. architects, builders and homeowners) during the HVAC design process including point of contact for client questions related to the design and installation of HVAC systems.
- Perform field inspections amid construction as part of visual inspections services.
- Support on-the-job training and education for junior staff, in fundamentals of mechanical design, drafting practices, and contract administration.
- Provide administration services as directed and supervised by senor management.
- Develop various reports as directed by senior management.
- University degree or College diploma in Mechanical Engineering specialization.
- EIT or AScT classification acceptable. Full P.Eng. designation is an asset.
- Minimum five (5) years design experience in HVAC preferably coupled with recent AutoCAD drafting experience and knowledge of energy modeling and heating/cooling load calculations.
- Ability to read architectural, structural, electrical drawings with minimal supervision provided by Senior Consultant
- Proficiency with integrated HVAC design software including AutoCAD and/or Wrightsoft.
- Possess knowledge of general building science and other systems in residential construction (i.e. structural, plumbing, etc.)
- Good working knowledge of applicable codes and standards such BC Building, ASHRAE and others.
- Demonstrated capabilities in relationship management. Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to clearly communicate technical concepts to non-technical individuals.
- Excellent negotiation skills, proven track record of successfully pitching for new business to increase revenues.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
We offer a competitive compensation package, profit sharing, as well as training and development in an upbeat work environment. Remuneration will be negotiated and based on experience and ability.
If you believe you have the above-mentioned qualifications and experience, we want to hear from you! Qualified and interested candidates should submit resume and cover letter to [email protected].